Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been looking for a movie I saw years ago. It's B&W, 1930/40-ish, and is about a female executive who has a particular congenital problem: All the women in her family get SERIOUSLY weak-kneed when they meet the guy they are to marry.

She's out stranded one day when a truckdriver for her company stops to give her a ride. She doesn't tell him who she is, but it does come out that the driver will be in serious trouble if his boss (the brunette actress) finds out. To her dismay, he's the one whose kiss makes her all wobbly !

The actress reminds me of Gail Patrick, Joan Crawford, and Rosalind Russell, but I can't remember who the actress is !! It's a cute romantic comedy, which I haven't seen it in almost 20 years. PLEASE HELP !!!

Cheers,

AstaDisasta

That's it ! Thank you so very much !!! I just KNEW it was Crawford, but it'd been

so very long ago, I was becoming unsure of myself. Here is the synopsis from

AMC.com:

"...Crawford once again brings out the ice-queen persona for her role as a take-no-prisoners businesswoman whose demanding demeanor softens when she unexpectedly falls in love with a journalist (Douglas) out to expose how the men in her employ feel about their boss. When her father dies, Crawford takes control of her family's trucking business and cares for her flighty mother (Burke) and sister (Parrish). Douglas shows her the lighter side of life and her knees buckle. The part was meant for Carole Lombard before her death in a plane crash while on a war-bond tour..."

Carole Lombard would have been funny as well, but the fact that Crawford is so

stiff and then lets loose... Well, you have to see it to appreciate it.

Cheers ! And thanks again for clearing up a mystery that has bugged the devil out

of me for such a long time. It's most appreciated. (Just how I could forget Melvyn

Douglas is beyond comprehension. He cracks me up !)

Signing off...

AstaDisasta