Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This Island Earth

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the original, long out-of-print Image DVD of THIS ISLAND EARTH. I keep hoping Universal will re-release it for the many fans who don't have it, or don't want to pay $200 for a copy on eBay. It has NO bonus features, not even a trailer. And the print quality is fairly good, but it could be better.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I always check amazon first for sci/fi and horror movies. Listing for $7.99 - can't go wrong. Be sure to check the new as well as re-sellers with new and used DVD's

http://www.amazon.com/This-Island-Earth-Jeff-Morrow/dp/B000FVQLKW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1207603613&sr=8-1

Picked up a nice bunch of DVDs in Fall 2007.

Items:

1 of: When Worlds Collide [DVD] (2001) Richard Derr; Barbara Rush; Peter Hansen; John

Sold by: moviemars

1 of: It Came From Outer Space [DVD] (2002) Richard Carlson; Barbara Rush; Charles...

1 of: The Monster That Challenged the World/It! The Terror From Beyond Space [DVD...

1 of: This Island Earth [DVD] (2006) Jeff Morrow; Faith Domergue; Rex Reason; Lance...

Message was edited by: garand

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

>It is also featured as the subject in Mystery Science Theater the Movie, which is out on DVD.

After watching MSTTM, I don't think I can ever again watch the original with a straight face. It's been awhile though, and I thought it was not This Island Earth but Forbidden Planet that was the subject of the MSTTM. But I guess I'm mistaken about that.

I know! I'm a great lover of MST. But I thought they got it wrong to spoof This Island Earth. I mean this was no Teenager from Outer Space or Plan 9. There was time, money, effort, and skill used in its' production. So,much as I absolutely adore Mystery Science Three Thousand, I was more than miffed that they selected this movie to spoof. Especially when they still had all those Radar Men from the Moon to go after!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The last time I saw the title *THIS ISLAND EARTH* on the telly was 15-Aug-94. It was shown on AMC during it's civilized no cut-no interruption days prior to Sep 01. I fortunately had a tape rolling. I was in Europe during Sep 2001 and had left a VCR programmed to record a couple of titles on AMC; didn't have TCM or FOXM at the time. When I got home in Oct 2001, I found that AMC had geeked to commercial interruptions, title sanitizing and cutting titles to fit fixed time slots like most commercial channels.

Way OT: I was in London on 11 Sep. 01 when Osama's little garden party went down in NYC and DC. When I got home in Oct., I learned that some US telly and newspapers tried to claim that all of Europe was just overjoyed at the event. I am here to tell you that in London and the rest of England, you would have thought you were in the US; the place was so plastered with American flags flying along with the British flags and people in London were downright *MAD*. HM, The Queen and the Royal family returned to the Palace on 12 Sep. three weeks early, from Balmoral Castle. On 13 Sep. the Guards band at that day's Changing of the Guard played the U.S. National Anthem; that had never happened before at a Changing of the Guard at the Palace - shown on all the telly channels. I was in Paris the last week of Sep. 2001 and *EVEN* Parisians were being polite to Americans at the time and all those Muslim vendors selling the touristy junk at all of the tourist spots and shopping venues avoided Americans. The French Air Force had fighters regularly buzzing over Paris and especially around the patterns at De Gaulle airport. The news services in London and Paris even showed all the recorded coverage from NYC and DC unedited.

Sorry about the OT, just had to rant a bit!

-jl