Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for The Hanging Tree fans

This has always been my favorite western...its kind of an undiscovered masterpiece..Has never been available on home vid as far as I know..Its got Gary Cooper, Maria Schell, George C. Scott, Ben Cooper...A great theme song sung by Marty Robbins...directed by Delmer Daves....We need to get this one restored and released on DVD....any other fans out there? Thanks.

I always loved this film Maria Schell is hot! Great Cooper vehicle plays a doctor helping blind girl Schell. Great supporting cast of Karl Malden and George C. Scott Saw this film years ago on AMC before they changed to crap. They have the VHS new at Amazon for the ridiculous price of $124.00. Hopefully they do release it on DVD.

vallo

Maria Schell is definitely hot! You said that again, vallo!! I think the prices for out-of-print videos on amazon is, as you suggested, ridiculous. Why would anybody pay that? I'm sure it will turn up one day, or at least maybe TCM will show it. I've never seen it, and it's one of the only Cooper films that's eluded me. My other favourite western of his that's in some kind of black hole is Man of the West, but at least TCM has run it in the past.

• 5 weeks later...