Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia -- Week of March 20, 2006

Greetings, everybody! It's the first day of spring, and the Queen City is facing a winter storm warning. Three to five inches of snow later tonight. Oh well -- we never officially say goodbye to winter until the middle of April, anyway . . .

But I'm excited about seeing two more of John Gilbert's talkies this morning on TCM. I'll be writing about them later in the Silent Films folder. I missed about the first 15 minutes of PHANTOM OF PARIS, but luckily I had set my VCR timer to record it, so I'll watch that before I post my views. Would you believe I'm still working my way through all the Robert Montgomery films I taped back in January?

Later. For now, let's get to this week's movie trivia . . .

Tuesday's answer: The mansion at 4201 Wilshire Boulevard in Beverly Hills figured prominently in Billy Wilder's film 1950 film SUNSET BLVD. -- and in what other film classic, released five years later?

Good luck!

Good guess, vallo! You are correct!

4201 Wilshire also served as the deserted mansion in which James Dean, Natalie Wood, and Sal Mineo take refuge in the 1955 film REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE.

Nope and nope . . . sorry.

Yesterday's answer: Orson Welles sawed Marlene Dietrich in half in the 1944 film FOLLOW THE BOYS. (Afterward, he was fond of saying he kept the better half for himself -- but he didn't say which half!)

That does it for this week -- see you all on Monday!