Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who had the best figure in movies?

JanePowellFan

Of course I'm talking about actresses at their absolute peak physically, I think Joan Blondell at 37-21-36 and Mitzi Gaynor at 36-21-36 take some beating, of course its about more than just measurements, this really is an exact science when you talk about such fine physical sculptures, Joan and Mitzi are my favourites but I'd also rank Betty Grable, Liz Taylor and Cyd Charisse as notables.

pktregirl, well, you will have to start your own thread on the actors, but you've got to realise that all fellas are ugly to other fellas, so we can only really judge the beauty that we see in certain actresses. It raises an interesting point though about how important looks are to a persons career, I think being photogenic is definately important but is it less so for males than females. Age also is a factor, its criminal how so few good female roles go to women over a certain age. All that talent and experience simply wasted. Thats sad.

well what i've noticed is that although a lot of those actresses back then had hips and large breasts, their behinds were usually flat as a pancake. i guess hollywood didn't trip off of having an **** as much as they do now. as gorgeous as elizabeth taylor was, she had no booty. so i would give the best figure laurels to marilyn monroe. her body is a body that men would appreciate today because she had nice legs, brest, hips, thighs and had a but. but in 2nd place would have to be the lovely sophia loren.

Maybe because I used to be a dancer, I've always thought Cyd Charisse had the ideal female figure. And note that although she was a ballerina, she didn't appear to be starving, seemingly a prerequisite for ballet dancers today.

Male: Greg Peck. Joel McCrea had a very nice physique, too.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree that Rita Hayworth is a knock-out - but I'd like to add Ann-Margret. I think she is one of the most beautiful women of them all, with a dynamite body. What I wouldn't give .............

JanePowellfan, I don't necessarily agree with the comment that men are ugly to other men. I think men know what is attractive and what isn't in another man. I think often heterosexual men are just afraid of people thinking they are gay if they say something postive about another man's looks. I certainly know what I think is beautiful in another woman, and I haven't got a gay bone in my body. I think some men are just afraid to be honest and to look at another man for 'beauty's sake'. And I kinda understand their reasoning.

Scarlett

Strictly for the bods in their prime, and not talking 'acting' pro or con --

Julie Newmar

Jill St John

Kim Novak

Ida Lupino

Jane Fonda

Gina Lollabridgida

of course Sophia

Janis Paige

of course Marilyn

As for the guys...Errol Flynn, Christopher Reeve, Tyrone Power, Paul Newman

***Bingo on PN, shearerchic! The baby blues weren't bad, neither!

These are all great, especially Ginger Rogers and Janet Leigh.

I saw Debra Paget in a big screen showing of Stars and Stripes Forever and fell completely in love. Tight, full figure, which she put on display with a lot of dynamic moves.

On the slender side, Ann Sheridan is a gentle pleasure (with one of the most beautiful faces, too). At the other extreme, I quite enjoyed the recent series of movies with Jeanette MacDonald and her big-boned buxomness.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings