Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
yernie1

Glynis Johns

Daughter Mariska is now on a TV show in the US - I forget the name of it.

Hargitay plays an NYPD detective in NBC's Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and it's been on for several years, now.

Hargitay plays an NYPD detective in NBC's Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and it's been on for several years, now. Mariska's certainly a competent actress, but I'd be lying if I said that there aren't a thousand other competent actresses who'd be just as good in the part.

Hargitay plays an NYPD detective in NBC's Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and it's been on for several years, now. Mariska's certainly a competent actress, but I'd be lying if I said that there aren't a thousand other competent actresses who'd be just as good in the part.

Sorry about the multiple postings of the same message, but I kept receiving an error message when submitting it, and kept trying till I realized that they were getting through, anyway.

You really can't compare Marilyn and Jayne and Diana and Mamie and Betty and Sheree - some got the breaks and some didn't. And remember, according to everything I have ever read, Marilyn would do anything (or anyone) to get a job. I don't know if that is true of all these gals.

Ralph, I think you are being a bit unfair on these gals, one thing is for sure though Betty Grable simply would not have done 'Anything' to get a break, as anyone who knows anything about Betty knows that Betty wouldn't stand for any casting-couch type career breaks, Betty could be very tough when she needed to be and didn't suffer fools lightly, there are a few stories of how Betty send the wolves packing!, Marilyn on the otherhand seemed to be very weak and lacked confidence of-screen but nontheless I don't think she is as dark as some people like to paint her, some of the stories about Marilyn border on the fantastical! Finally on the subject of Arthur Miller I'm only saying he destroyed Marilyn mentally because of what I've read by close friends of both Miller and Monroe, it seems he put his opinions into her head and she lost a part of her personality because she wanted to please him.