Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Animated features of 2016

I think I'm most interested in the Finding Nemo sequel, Finding Dory.  

There are a lot of other films listed there that don't look like they'd appeal to me.  I'll have to hear how they're reviewed when they come out.

While I saw another Studio Ghibli film listed, it's a shame that Hayao Miyazaki retired from making movies.  He has some of the best animated films I've seen in the last decade or so.  

I still want to see The Good Dinosaur, I'm surprised that it's not as successful as their past films have been. 

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I just read the article about the 2015 Animation Oscar nominees (for which I believe "Big Hero 6" won). I have to agree. First of all, "The Lego Movie" was robbed of at least a nomination. I loved that movie. I thought it was better than "How to Train Your Dragon 2." I loved "Big Hero 6" too. That was a great film. However, "Tales of Princess Kaguya" from Studio Ghibli was great too. I didn't see "Song of the Sea." I would have picked "The Lego Movie" over "Big Hero 6."

For next year's nominations... I'd be hard pressed to find someone who will beat "Inside Out." That was a great movie.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Cannes 2016: Studio Ghibli's "The Red Turtle" is a wordless wonder - review...

"...his story blooms into something more mysterious and meditative – and though there isn’t a single word of dialogue in the film’s 80-minute running time, the big questions it asks, about ambition, acceptance and the beauty of companionship, ring loud in every heart-melting frame...."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/05/18/the-red-turtle-review-studio-ghiblis-wordless-survival-tale-asks/

Michael Dudok de Wit’s ‘The Red Turtle’ Wins At Cannes...

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/michael-dudok-de-wits-red-turtle-wins-cannes-139866.html