Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Gary Cooper Fans?

I know what scene I'd love to see as a GIF! The one in the quarry in The Fountainhead! When he wipes the sweat off his brow and tugs at his hat and peers up at Patricia peering down...wonderful! :D

img001.jpg

Hey Coopsgirl! I really liked your slideshow. That song is too cute!

I was wondering if you could tell me what film the clip with Marlene Dietrich is from.

I'm fairly new to Gary films, so if you could help me out that would be great.

I'm glad y'all liked this one! The clip with Marlene is from *Desire* (1936). It's a cute romantic comedy where she plays a jewel thief and he's an American tourist who gets caught up in her scheme against his will.

> {quote:title=MrsCooper wrote:}{quote}

> I received my TCM "Now Playing Guide" the other day and couldn't believe they didn't mention Gary's birthday. They don't even acknowledge him in the magazine at all. Why, Robert Osbourne...Why?!

Ooohhh, that is shameful. And weird!! They usually know better than to risk our wrath. :P

TCM, can't you see what is the most liveliest subject for a thread in the TCM City? And all those movies being released on May 13th! I hope they make up for this. It will have to be good, whatever they do.

> {quote:title=coopsgirl wrote:}{quote}

> That is most definitely wrong!!! At least we get three more of his films out on dvd that month. I've already got them pre-ordered so I'm ready to go!!

I have them pre-ordered, too. I'm so thrilled, I can't wait to get them!

I pre-ordered Jean Arthur's film *Easy Living* too and should be getting it late next week. I'm really excited about that b/c I haven't seen it. I need to pre-order the upcoming *High Noon* release too.

*Half a Bride* - Gary isn't in this one but I thought I'd post it anyway just b/c it was one of his films.

2915_1.JPG

Hi Angie,

I also want to get *Easy Living* (I haven't seen it either, but I've heard it's marvelous), as well as *The Major and the Minor* and Midnight---both wonderfully funny and original comedies that I'm delighted are finally on dvd.

And High Noon, oh yes. Yes indeed. A movie that one would think inspires spirited discussion.

"Sigh".

I was listening to the albums I got of Gary?s roast and I?m about half way through it. What?s funny is that nobody is really picking on him like they are supposed too. For the most part they are all being very nice and just gushing over him. Tony Martin and Dean Martin both sang him really cute songs and Gov. Pat Brown sounded like he was as big of fan of him as we are. He just went on about how wonderful Gary was. Art Linkletter did get a good joke in saying that he and Gary were both up for a job doing a Geritol commercial recently but Gary turned it down. George Burns got up and said the guy in charge of it who was also the M.C. (George Jessel, I think) told him b/c they had so many speakers that he needed to keep it to about 4 minutes. George said he didn?t know what to say about Gary for 4 minutes and that Gary himself had never spoken for 4 minutes at a time in his whole life and of course that got a big laugh. He also said that the M.C. told him to keep it clean and then George said he had never been clean in his whole life for 4 minutes. He said he went around asking some of the other guests what they were gonna say. Then he said Greer Garson gave him a couple good jokes but the M.C. wouldn?t let him tell them. So he decided to just ask Gary for advice as to what to say and Gary told him ?You?re too late. I just gave Greer a couple of good jokes?. That?s been the funniest bit so far. Also one other guy (can?t remember who) called him Old Schlep Cooper and I thought that was funny.

What?s cracking me up the most though is how complimentary they are all being. Even at a roast, people can?t help but gush over him :).

Gary talks at the end and I can't wait to hear what he has to say.