Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Gary Cooper Fans?

Fandango

[nobr]JS1561862.jpg?size=67&uid={9980b726-a851-489e-b74a-0e4860cda7b9}[/nobr]

[nobr]*heart melts* Oh, for goodness sake... If you keep posting ones like this I don't know if my young heart can take it. Look at that hair... He's beautiful. That's all there is to it.[/nobr]

[nobr]Sandy K:[/nobr]

[nobr]I'm glad you enjoy recording! I'm loving everything about it... I'm kind of one of those people that watch movies twice in one week, so I have to record these things. :) [/nobr]

[nobr]Nice pics everyone! Didn't mean to just single this one out, but uh... It's a personal preference kind of thing. ;) [/nobr]

Message was edited by:

bobhopefan1940 (post looked awful)

If you sign in as a member at corbis.com, then the pictures appear with no watermark on them, but I think that it shows up when you try to reproduce them elsewhere. When I first posted them, it didn't show. It is a shame, because there are some rare ones on their site.

Miss G

Yeah, some of those photos are quite nice.

And I'm always looking for cool photos of Coop to use for projects!

In other news, just before I left for Europe, I got a copy of "The Tall American" in the mail. This is a book about Coop put out by a Catholic publishing company and was a children's book - maybe for the early teen and above level.

I spent some time last night flipping through it and it wasn't bad. The only thing that I was uncomfortable with was the whitewashing of the whole Patricia Neal thing.

I mean true, it's a teen book and they don't need to know the *whole* truth, perhaps. But they flat out LIED in this book and said that Coop moved out for a year and a half because 'all married couples go through periods where they are not getting along' or something bogus like that.

I thought it was lame. I think mainly because Gary ended up doing the right thing in the end, and this little book was an opportunity to teach kids that even great people make mistakes...but all mistakes can be redeemed if one is willing to admit them and resolve to turn things around and do the RIGHT thing again.

When you consider the environment he lived in day-to-day in Hollywood, I think it's pretty impressive that he thought of someone besides himself, went back home, and made it work.

Coop was not a good man because he was perfect. He was a good man because he had the humility to admit his mistakes and the moral character to try and correct them.

Anyway....interesting book.

GaryCooper_with_Pope.jpgHow interesting. I've never heard of that book, before. I have read that Gary became much more committed to Catholicism in his later years, and there is that picture of him with the Pope.

>>>Coop was not a good man because he was perfect. He was a good man because he had the humility to admit his mistakes and the moral character to try and correct them.<<<

That's as fine a definition of a man as any I've heard.

Miss G:

Do you have any of those Picture Show mags, or did you just post them off the net?

BTW, early this morning (between 7:30 and 8:00 am) there was a short with alot of Hollywood stars in it ... They showed a very young RM in technicolor!

Message was edited by:

bobhopefan1940

No, unfortunatley I got those pix from the net. It was the first I had even heard of that magazine---I'd love to have just one with Gary on the cover.

Bobby M in Color!!! Am I wrong, or did he never star in a color feature film? I think I saw that the short was on the air but I was getting my "face" on and didn't pay attention to it. Grrrr.

Miss G

Archived