Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Gary Cooper Fans?

Fandango

Here?s another song I found that reminds me of Gary. It?s slow and would probably not work right for a video but it?s still a nice song.

*He Was Beautiful by Shirley Bassey*

He was beautiful

Beautiful to my eyes

From the moment I saw him

The sun filled the sky

He was so, so beautiful

Beautiful just to hold

In my dreams he was springtime

Winter was cold

How could I tell him

What I so clearly could see

Though I longed for him

Another trusted me completely, so I

never could be free

It was beautiful

Knowing now that he cares

I will always remember

moments we shared

Now it's all over

Still the feelings linger on

For my dream keeps returning

Now that he's gone

For it was beautiful

Beautiful

Beautiful to be loved

John sent me a link to an article about the new movie *The Curious Case of Benjamin Button* and there is a Gary mention in it.

*Dressing Pitt's character was a unique challenge because he "has to be both old and young at once," she says. He also is a character always out of sync with his surroundings, prompting West to tap into the clothes of each era's screen rebels. "I used Gary Cooper in the '40s for my inspiration, Marlon Brando in the '50s, Steve McQueen in the '60s," she says.*

Here's the whole article.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117997242.html?categoryId=3275&cs=1

Hi all,

According to the rumor mill over at digital bits Wings might be coming out in 2009 in Blu-ray and dvd.

"I've also learned, directly from Paramount while visiting the studio with our friends at The Home Theater Forum last week, that the studios is FINALLY working on new HD transfers of Wings (1927) and The African Queen, hopefully for release in 2009 on both DVD and Blu-ray."

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#121108

Here?s a link to Gary?s page at the Doctor Macro website. It looks like they uploaded some more pics and even of the ones we already have, these may be higher quality images.

*Merry Gary Christmas!!*

http://www.doctormacro1.info/Movie%20Star%20Pages/Cooper,%20Gary-Annex.htm

There were a lot of pics so I didn?t want to post them all but I couldn?t resist posting these beautiful color shots from *Distant Drums*. :x

Annex%20-%20Cooper,%20Gary%20(Distant%20Drums)_01.jpg

Annex%20-%20Cooper,%20Gary%20(Distant%20Drums)_02.jpg

I think I?m feeling a little lightheaded :P.

*As for myself, I'm going to make the top photo a bit smaller so I can fit it into my wallet.*

I don?t know if you?re joking or not but I actually do carry around a wallet sized pic of a picture I took of Sugarbritches (Brad Ausmus, my fave Astro) in my checkbook :). I?ve been meaning to do the same for Gary and when I finally got around to it I realized my printer was acting up and not printing pictures correctly. I gotta get that fixed :(.

I didn?t realize those would be so big when I posted them. Oh well, I guess it?s alright ;).

I've had quite a few dreams about him in that outfit - yummy!!!

Recently, I watched this little *gem* of a movie with Mr Cooper.

I did see it many years ago as a young man...

This film has an *awesome* cinematography, DVD, I saw from Netflix.

The swamp colors and combination of nature made something I am glad I saw again.

Coop, as always, is in command....

I like *Distant Drums* too, it?s a fun movie. The color looks good for most of the movie but there are a few scenes that look like they could use some restoration. I guess we shouldn?t complain though b/c at least it?s out on dvd. They also used real Seminoles for this one instead of white people with bronzer ;). I call them the disco Indians b/c they sure are wearing some flashy clothes :).

> {quote:title=coopsgirl wrote:}{quote}

> *As for myself, I'm going to make the top photo a bit smaller so I can fit it into my wallet.*

>

> I dont know if youre joking or not but I actually do carry around a wallet sized pic of a picture I took of Sugarbritches (Brad Ausmus, my fave Astro) in my checkbook :).

Well, if you make the picture smaller, there's a lot of places you can put it... in a wallet, next to the computer... ;)

Today, I found this in another site (hope it hasn't been posted here before):

357h5bo.jpg

Is there anything cuter than Gary with that doggie? Oh my gosh, I want to come home in the evening to find them sitting in my living room listening to the radio...... :)

I know it's a little weird and rebellious, but for the thirteen years I worked at the bank I used to carry a picture of Pretty Boy Floyd in my wallet, along with a copy of Woody Guthrie's song about him:

"Some will rob you with a six-gun, and some with a fountain pen."

I wanted to make sure that I stayed on the side of regular folks....

I always liked the idea of "a sagebrush Robin Hood". Floyd was said to have robbed banks but then took mortgage papers out of the safe too and threw them away into the wind... he was also said to have been very generous, stopping to give money to widows and children.......

I guess it's a good thing no one there ever looked in my wallet..... :)

*Oh my gosh, I want to come home in the evening to find them sitting in my living room listening to the radio.*

Me too :x. Here?s another cute pic of Gary with a dog.

garywithdog4.jpg

I?m not much of an animal or kid person, but seeing him with either one of those just makes me melt.

Here?s a cute one of Gary with a little boy. I think it?s maybe his nephew or a young cousin but I?m not sure.

garyonhorse3.jpg

That?s funny about carrying around that pic with you. Us Gary fans are waaaay too much alike sometimes ? ha!

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> Is there anything cuter than Gary with that doggie? Oh my gosh, I want to come home in the evening to find them sitting in my living room listening to the radio...... :)

>

If there is, I don't know what it could be! B-)

> I guess it's a good thing no one there ever looked in my wallet..... :)

Well, I know what it feels like to be glad no one's ever looked in my wallet. ;)

> {quote:title=coopsgirl wrote:}{quote}

> I think its unanimous; none of us want to be in that Capital One commercial where they ask whats in your wallet? ;)

I do have a funny story about a sixteen year old teenager I waited on at the bank one day. I was chatting with him, and he told me he wasn't into much of the trendy movies of the day, or the music either. He then took out his wallet and showed me the picture he carried - he had a picture of Charlie Parker, the great jazz musician, and a picture of Spencer Tracy! It just goes to show you, you never know about someone until you talk to them. Here I was, thinking this kid was into heavy metal or something.... :)