Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Gary Cooper Fans?

Fandango

You can download a 21 day free trial and after that you can buy it for $29. I went ahead and bought it b/c it's pretty easy and waaay too much fun :). It probably took about 45 minutes to do that pic of Gary. Here's another one I did of Carole Lombard this morning. The women seems to be easier than the men; and more fun b/c they have makeup and jewelry and stuff like that.

colorized1.jpg

You can probably do the same with Photoshop so if you already have it I would try that. That one of Carole is the best one I've done so far and I think it was just the second one I did. I've done a couple of Clara Bow too but I'm not completely happy with them yet.

Here's a cute pic of Gary (and part of Ann Sheridan - ha!) that was posted in the Candid photo thread at the Silver Screen Oasis. It's from *Good Sam* but it must be from a scene that was cut. Gary and Ann are wearing their costumes from a charity event they attended but we only see them after they have gotten home from the event and Gary doesn't have the moustache in the movie.

349714305.jpg

hey ang!

i loooove that gary colorized pic you did! im thinking about trying to do that too with a few greer pics. i love the carol pic you did too! you did such a gorgeous job with both of them! have you done any others yet?

oh i got my DVD copier on my laptop working! thank you oh thank you for showing me! youre right, it is easy to do! now im gonna copy my rare movies and make some secondary copies of them.....but the ones i dont think ill be doing is getting a safe to put them in....heehee!

i read your latest gary dream on the torture thread and i thought it was extra cute! too bad rocky was in it. heehee! ;)

> {quote:title=coopsgirl wrote:}{quote}

> Michaela: You can post any of the pics you want on your site. If I get a chance I'll post some there too.

>

Awesome! I do hope you'll be able to register. The site is barely a week old but we already have quite a few TCM fans. Also, we've just added a live chat feature so folks can chat in real time (slightly more fun than a discussion board, imho!)

I just saw in the April listings thread they are showing *Starlift* on April 5th. Gary just has a cameo in this one and it's about as close as we're gonna get to seeing him in a musical ;). He's dressed as a Texas Ranger (not the baseball team - ha!) and he does a real cute skit about how tough he is and it's just adorable. I have it on dvd (got it from ioffer.com) but I wasn't able to make copies of it so now y'all can see it and I can get a backup copy too :).

There's also some scuttlebutt going around that Robert Osborne let it leak out in an interview with Classic Images magazine that when their lease to the show the Columbia films is up (not sure when that will be though) they are going to get the Paramount/Universal films from the 30s and 40s. That is fantastic news and I hope it happens......soon!!!!

> {quote:title=coopsgirl wrote:}{quote}

> I found some colorization software online (called Recolor) and I've been playing around with it. It took several tries but I finally got a pic of Gary to look pretty good.

>

> Result27.jpg

Angie,

Honey, your photos are really spectacular! I never heard of Recolor before? Who puts it out? I do know that this is something that you have always wanted to do! All I can say is, girl you sure catch on fast! I'm really impressed!

The only thing that I would change is the tone of the medal, or pendent, or whatever that thing is on his cap? It is a little to yellow, when it probably should be silver or gold. Not sure about the shade of the uniform or the buttons, but they generally look good. The medallion though maybe you can tone down a bit?

I don't know how your software works in comparison to mine, but the results are just wonderful! Here are some new ones I just worked up of Clara Bow for you. On the first of these, I wish I could get the skin-tone of the legs to match the upper-body, but it doesn't seem to be possible? Other than that it looks really good, but what sort of an outfit is that anyway?

I know that you really liked HULA. I have several excelent quality stills from this feature now that I will be getting to. I thought colorizing them would be very difficult due to all the plants and such, but it wasn't all that tough really. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the results.

ClaraBowWhatOnEarth.png

*Clara Bow, What on Earth?*

ClaraBowSheBeHULA.jpg

*Clara Bow, She Be Hula! From HULA (Paramount, 1927)*

ClaraOnTheBeachFront.png

*Clara Bow, Beachy-Keen!*

ClaraBowSuntanandTableSeat.jpg

*Clara Bow, Suntan, And Table Seat!*

ClaraBowBareShoulders.jpg

*Clara Bow, Bare Shoulders*

I just googled ?photo colorization software? and Recolor was one that came up. I downloaded the free trial and it was so easy that I went ahead and bought it. I?ve done a couple of Clara but I?m not totally happy with them yet so I?m still working on them. It took me several tries to get one of Gary that looked right. I agree though that the thing on his hat isn?t really the right color. The hardest thing to do seems to be the skin color; that?s my main beef against colorized films and until they can get that right I?m sticking with b+w. Colorizing pics seems easier though and you can get some pretty good results.

Those pics of Clara, Janet and Charles are great. That is one crazy outfit Clara has in that pic. She kinds looks like a drum major with very bad fashion sense :). The *Hula* one is especially cute, thanks!

Here?s another one I did of Barbara Stanwyck from *Ball of Fire*. The hair color blurred a little onto the background though but this is one of the first ones I did so I know how to avoid that now. This dress was actually gold but I always pictured it a crazy pink color and apparently so did the people who did the cover art for the dvd ;).

colorized1-1.jpg

51gfcFTMKuL._SS500_.jpg

Angie,

Wow! Barbara Stanwyck looks super gorgeous here! What a superb portrait. The Skin-tone looks just perfect to me. So do the eyes, and the hair is magnificent. The dress is probably not that hue, but it still looks great. I love this movie, and I do not have a copy, I don't think? What a great screwball comedy!

I often stuggle with Skin-tone too. Sometimes I tint the photo amber first and leave the skin alone, than I use auto-corrector, and adjust after that once I have colored everything else. This works well at times, while others it does not. Just kind of depends of the lighting and shadows in the photo.

Thanks! That one came out really well. I?ve got some more b+w pics of her in that dress and I?ll have to do them too. It?s my fave movie costume and I bet she had fun playing around in it. Here it is in real color.

stanwyckingolddress.jpg

It cracked me up b/c when the official dvd of *Ball of Fire* came out they used that exact color of magenta that I had imagined the dress to be. I just assumed that must have been the real color and then later I found this pic of her in it, and I was surprised to see it was gold. I?m gonna keep it that nice magenta color in the other pics I?ll colorize though, but I think I?ll tone it down a little. I?ll send you a copy of that movie too if you want. It?s one of my faves and all the character actors who play the professors just about steal the show from Gary and Babs; and that?s not an easy feat ;).

Barbara Stanwyck has a great name in BALL OF FIRE: Sugarpuss O'Shea. That's one of my two favorite character names, the other being Snake Plissken in ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK.

Cooper and his cohorts are hilariously drawn -- when one of them gets a package, he says, "It must be the statistics on saltpeter production in San Salvador! I had it sent air express." Exciting news, indeed.

And when Stanwyck throws Coop out of her dressing room at the theater, she says something like, "Scree, scraw, scram!"

"A complete conjugation!" cries Coop happily. "All right, I'll, er, scraw."

ROTFL!

I love it when Sugarpuss tells him to "shove it in your clutch" :). That one is definitely one of my fave of the screwball comedies.

Here's another pic I colorized, this time of Clara Bow. I finally got one of her done that I'm happy with.

Result1.jpg