Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Gary Cooper Fans?

Those are great shots from *Mr. Deeds*. I had the one of him with the tuba but it wasn?t very good quality, this one is beautiful.

I did some screencaps of *Unconquered* yesterday but only had time to upload one, but it's a doozy. I?ll post the rest later this afternoon when I get home. Stinky work, always getting in the way of doing much more fun things ;).

unconquered24.jpg

I discovered a little trick yesterday to make screencaps look better. Old movies, even pristine prints, just have more grain than newer ones and you can really tell it in the screencaps, depending on the film. I have a software I downloaded for free called *paint.net* that I have been using for a while to fix up pics and add effects to them and one of the options is ?reduce noise?. I ran that over the cap from *Unconquered* and it looks more like a picture instead of a cap :).

It?s really great software and you can do quite a bit with it. My grandma?s church is doing a thing for veterans coming up soon where they are going to make a big collage of old pics so I took a couple of pics of my grandpa and his brother when they were in the Navy (mid 40s) and fixed them up using that software and they look brand new.

I do have that screencap on my PC at home but it might be too distracting at work ;). I have the pic you posted of Gary and Jean on the bus.

OPERATOR 13 (MGM - 1934) starring Gary Cooper and Marion Davies is definitely not a lost film. It has been on TCM and we can be sure it will be on again.

I have to hope that the fact that in the movie Marion Davies spends much of the time in blackface is not a reason why it seems not to be on as often as it should.

> {quote:title=musicalnovelty wrote:}{quote}

> OPERATOR 13 (MGM - 1934) starring Gary Cooper and Marion Davies is definitely not a lost film. It has been on TCM and we can be sure it will be on again.

>

Hope it will be on again... soon! ;)

> I have to hope that the fact that in the movie Marion Davies spends much of the time in blackface is not a reason why it seems not to be on as often as it should.

I doubt TCM programmers would allow themselves to be influenced by that. They have shown *The Jazz Singer* now and then. But as with many movies from the early 30s, they'd probably just show it in the middle of the night. :P