Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Gary Cooper Fans?

Fandango

MissRetro, THAT is the picture that made me *fall* for Gary Cooper---not his movies, not anything I ever saw, ONLY that picture alone made me completely turn around from being utterly indifferent to totally captivated.

I can never look at it often enough! :D

Angie,

I concur with the others, your colorizing skills are simply superb!! :D

And may I also say, because I believe the excitement should be building up among many of you already, how *EXCITING* it is to see tomorrow's schedule, in honor of Coop's birthday!!

_(Starting at 12:45pm ET/9:45am PT)_

*A Farewell To Arms* (1932)

An American serving in World War I falls for a spirited nurse.

Cast: Helen Hayes, Gary Cooper, Adolphe Menjou, Mary Philips Dir: Frank Borzage BW-89 mins, TV-G

*One Sunday Afternoon* (1933)

A small-town dentist longs to avenge an old friend who stole his love, but discovers there's no need.

Cast: Gary Cooper, Fay Wray, Neil Hamilton, Roscoe Karns Dir: Stephen Roberts BW-69 mins, TV-G

*It's A Big Country* (1951)

Seven stories celebrate the glorious diversity of American life.

Cast: Ethel Barrymore, Keefe Brasselle, Gary Cooper, Nancy Davis Dir: Richard Thorpe, Don Weis, John Sturges, Don Hartman, William A. Wellman, BW-89 mins, TV-PG

*Man Of The West* (1958)

A reformed outlaw is among the hostages when his former colleagues rob a train.

Cast: Gary Cooper, Julie London, Lee J. Cobb, Arthur O'Connell Dir: Anthony Mann C-99 mins, TV-PG

*Gary Cooper: American Life, American Legend* (1991)

Clint Eastwood takes viewers behind-the-scenes to learn how one of Hollywood's most American stars, Gary Cooper, was born.

Cast: Clint Eastwood, Clint Eastwood Dir: Richard Schickel C-46 mins, TV-G

(They are also showing *High Noon* at 1am ET, as part of the Western Icons theme)

It?s so funny what makes you take notice of some people. I had seen a couple of Gary?s movies and thought he was a very good actor but he didn?t get a hold of me until his first scene in *Meet John Doe* where he looked like a bum. Now that made me literally sit up and take notice. At least he?s clean in your pic April ;).

Hi Mon! It?s good to see you over here :).

Thanks y?all for the compliments on the pics. We don?t have many true color pics of some of these guys and gals so it?s fun to make ?em up yourself. Sometimes I fudge a little bit on hair and eye color (I gave Fay Wray hazel eyes instead of blue in one pic b/c I thought it looked better) but I guess a little artistic liberty is allowed sometimes ;).

Vista is slowly but surely taking out all the fun stuff (which is also the stuff I use most often) on my poor, defenseless laptop. First it was the dvd burner. It just stopped recognizing it was there, so I had to buy an external one and now it?s the Movie Maker program. Apparently these are pretty common problems as various help sites are full of people with similar complaints. Who knows what it will strike next. Anyway my point is, I wanted to make another video for Gary?s 108th birthday today but I wasn?t able to use video clips b/c that causes the program to constantly crash. I was able to make one with pics but they?re aren?t as much fun.

Oh well, Happy Birthday anyway Gary! :)

headshot81930altered-1.jpg

*What a gorgeous hunk of man!*

I know it!! That pic I posted is one of the first ones I found of him and still one of my faves. It's from 1930.

I?m glad you liked the video. I found that song on one of my old mix cd?s and I don?t remember who sang it but it definitely fits him. I?m gonna try and see if I can ditch Vista and reinstall my old copy of XP. I tried before a while back and couldn?t do it but I?ll just have to keep trying it until it works.

That pic should be in the dvd of Gary pics I?ve sent you. There?s a lot of ?em in there though so it?s easy to overlook some ;). I didn?t have any problems with Vista until a couple months ago and I?ve had it for a couple years. I also have it at work and haven?t had any problems yet there. I?m guessing it?s only a matter of time though.

That pic should be in the dvd of Gary pics I?ve sent you. There?s a lot of ?em in there though so it?s easy to overlook some .

Yay! I love Gary in sweaters.

I didn?t have any problems with Vista until a couple months ago and I?ve had it for a couple years. I also have it at work and haven?t had any problems yet there. I?m guessing it?s only a matter of time though.

I first heard about Vista issues when I was looking at dvd burning software and all these websites talked about problems with Vista and sure enough, I encountered a really disappointing problem with playing regions other than 1 on my dvd drive.

Other than that, I really can't say I've had any problems. I'm not a heavy duty computer user, so it works fine for what I do, and MUCH better than my ancient old laptop of afore.

I would love to learn how to make videos with movie clips like you do, but I have the feeling I'm not patient enough for something like that. I still see this great video in my head, though, to the Foreigner song, "Urgent". :)

You listen to Foreigner! ;). As far as the video goes, you should just go for it. I didn?t know how to do it either but the software (Movie Maker) is super easy and very intuitive. The hardest part is picking out a song and clips to go with it and it sounds like you?ve already got that kinda worked out. I?ve got a whole bunch of songs saved on my PC to use for videos. Gary is some kind of inspiration b/c I never seem to run out of songs that fit him :x.

Angie,

Here are three colorization's that I don't recall posting before. But I believe that you sent me these stills a long time ago? I have a couple three others in here someplace. I will try to find those too.

LegionoftheCondemnedpublicitystillc.png

*Coop and Fay Wray from THE LEGION OF THE CONDEMNED (1928)*

firstkiss2copy.png

*Coop And Fay from THE FIRST KISS (1928)*

LegionoftheCondemned-TheLastFarewel.png

*Coop and Fay "THE LAST FAREWELL" from THE LEGION OF THE CONDEMNED*

I love that pic of Gary with the puppy :x. When I first saw that one I stared at it for quite a while before I noticed he was holding a dog - ha!

Here's another one I just colorized of one I posted earlier.

headshot81930altered-2.jpg

Those lips are too beautiful for words!

*"Thanks Kyle! I haven't seen those bottom two pics."* - coopsgirl

You're welcome. But I find it hard to believe that there are Gary pics that haven't been seen in here before.

Have some more...

"Buckskin" Gary...

May0907d

...with an indifferent (????) Paulette Goddard

May0907e

If I didn't know better, I'd say FrankGrimes was behind the one below.

May0907f

But I can't end the birthday post with that "oddity" soooo...

May0907g

And in that same vein, here's the first pic I ever shared in this thread...

cooper01

...that I lifted from the photoshop site "Worth1000.com" and was colorized by a member there.

Hope you all enjoyed May 7^th^ on TCM.

Kyle In Hollywood

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings