Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Gary Cooper Fans?

I would have missed this!! I usually do a text search for Gary on the other schedule where you can see the whole thing at once and I don't think shorts are included there so I didn't see it. I'll have to see if my mom can set it up to record.

I know Gary, his wife, Robert Taylor and Barbara Stanwyck would go on hunting trips together sometimes. Gary and Babs were friends and she was one of his few leading ladies that he was just friends with ;).

> {quote:title=coopsgirl wrote:}{quote}

> I would have missed this!! I usually do a text search for Gary on the other schedule where you can see the whole thing at once and I don't think shorts are included there so I didn't see it. I'll have to see if my mom can set it up to record.

>

If not, hopefully my recording "takes" and we're covered. :)

My mom just called me back and I walked her through it so I should get it too. She knows how to work the DVR and I'm scared to even touch that thing but I'm the only one who used the dvd recorder; either way we got 'em covered ;).

I think this short is listed in the book *The Films of Gary Cooper* but there have been quite a few more things of his we've found that aren't listed anywhere. I usually go back and do a more thorough check of the regular schedule but I've been busy lately and haven't done it. I'm sure glad you caught this :).

I hope you got it, Ang? I thought it was very sweet and it was grand seeing Harry and Coop

together. I just knew there _had_ to be a "Gary-and-Will connection" and here it was. :x

Thanks _very_ much to tcmprogrammr---this, and "Directed by John Ford" made

my week.

> {quote:title=brandoalways4ever wrote:}{quote}

> How much will it be?

I think the suggested retail price is around $20, so most retailers will probably have it discounted down to about $15. It's also going to be included starting in September with the Ford-Wayne DVD box set.

> {quote:title=coopsgirl wrote:}{quote}

> Yeah, I got it. It was nice. I got tickled though at Gary riding a horse wearing a tie. He was nothing if not always stylish ;).

ha! So cute! I hope Butterscotch caught the little Greer Garson bio that aired later.

> {quote:title=brandoalways4ever wrote:}{quote}

> That's a good price.

>

> So there's another Ford-Wayne box set coming out???

No, it's the same one. But it is going to be repackaged so that it also includes the documentary Directed by John Ford.

> When does the new Coop box set come out and how much is it?

If you refer to the one from the Warner Archives, I think it's available now and it's $60.