Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Gary Cooper Fans?

Coopsgirl -

I was looking at your youtube presentations and wondering about something. Did you ever do a video to Sheryl Crow's song "Strong Enough"? I thought I remembered one but maybe I just was thinking about Gary when I was listening to this song.... :)

> {quote:title=coopsgirl wrote:}{quote}

> No I've never used that song. I've got another I'm working on that's about half finished but I just haven't had enough time to get back to it. Hopefully I'll get it finished in a few days.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, my computer crashed. Goody! I can't wait for the next video. See ya later.

Coop fans - don't forget 2 Coop/Howard Hawks movies coming up this Sunday - _24 hours_ dedicated entirely to director Hawks.

*Sergeant York* (1941) 9:30am ET

True story of the farm boy who made the transition from religious pacifist to World War I hero.

Cast: Gary Cooper, Walter Brennan, Joan Leslie, George Tobias Dir: Howard Hawks BW-134 mins, TV-G

*Ball Of Fire* (1941) 6pm ET

A group of professors takes in a nightclub singer hiding from the law to protect her gangster boyfriend.

Cast: Gary Cooper, Barbara Stanwyck, Oscar Homolka, Henry Travers Dir: Howard Hawks BW-112 mins, TV-G

ball_of_fire_1941.jpg

I was happy to find those *Doomsday* pics on ebay. There for the longest time we couldn?t find much from that one but over the past few months more and more have been popping up. It was the same for *Peter Ibbetson* too.

I got the Gary movies I ordered from the Warner Archives and they are all good quality so I can definitely recommend them. The most improved from the bootleg going around was *Operator 13* which TCM will be showing in August. I already liked that one but I enjoyed it a lot more in better quality. There is one scene where Gary is watching one of his fellow spies get executed and you can see where a tear rolled down his cheek. I never noticed that before b/c the picture was too soft and fuzzy to see it. *Bright Leaf* also looks better than the old copy recorded from AMC back when they showed good movies without commercials. That one wasn?t too bad but this archive version is much sharper.

> {quote:title=brandoalways4ever wrote:}{quote}

> It's alright.

>

> The DVD covers look cool. I'm glad the movie he did with Joan Crawford is included. I can't wait unti lthe box set cover is finally shown.

>

> When is it to be released? I'm SO excited!!!

As far as I know, it has been available since the day it was announced. Someone who posts here already got hers.

Oh, and someone posted a code in the DVD forum that gives you 30% off your order from the WB site - WBSURVEY7

I went through my mail today and received The Hanging Tree video I ordered through these folks who were on the amazon site...

http://stores.filmnoirvideo.com/StoreFront.bok

I put the video in and I am satisfied: it is OK...I won't say it is as good as something from WB but, again, it is OK...

I paid a total of about twenty dollars for it and they did rip me off for the shipping charge of 4.95 but for twenty bucks, I thought it would be worth the risks and I have given up on getting the dvd from WB.

I will be watching it shortly...

Thought some might like to know about this...