Find results in...

Any Gary Cooper Fans?

I have to just "echo" Jackie's warm gratitude for the pics and keeping Coop

on page ONE where he belongs. It really does start/end my day nicely to

see him.

I notice he's foolin' around in the haystack again in Betrayed! I wonder

if the similar scenes in Doomsday were so popular they tried to recapture

the magic? :D

I thought about *Doomsday* too when I found that haystack picture. I would love to see *Betrayal* b/c it sounds so different than most of his films in that he's somewhat of a cad in that one. He's an artist and he gets Esther Ralston in the "family way" and then leaves. She marries Emil Jannings and has two kids, one of them being Gary's. Gary later comes back and he and Esther are killed in some kind of sledding accident but before he dies he tells Emil that the child that is Emil's and Esther's was actually his b/c Gary didn't want Emil to hurt his son. Emil loves them both though and continues to raise both of them not knowing which one is really his.

WOWZA!

After seeing those pics, I said to myself, "I want to see that film." Now, after your description, I HAVE to see it... it sounds so good.

I am assuming that if it was out on video, you guys would have already seen it. Has TCM ever shown it, or is it lost in limbo somewhere?

Unfortunately, *Betrayal* is lost. Of course, it could always show up somewhere and you never know, it might actually be in an archive somewhere and either hasn?t been catalogued properly or we just don?t know it?s there since most of them don't have their films listed online. I thought his silent version of *The Shopworn Angel* was lost but then another poster in the silents forum said she had seen it and had a friend that worked at the archive where it was held (didn?t say what archive but it?s in the States). It?s also recently been screened at a film festival so it must be in pretty decent shape at least.

> {quote:title=coopsgirl wrote:}{quote}

> Unfortunately, *Betrayal* is lost. Of course, it could always show up somewhere and you never know, it might actually be in an archive somewhere and either hasnt been catalogued properly or we just dont know its there since most of them don't have their films listed online.

Aside from archives and studio vaults, some films occasionally turn up in the hands of private collectors who over the years acquired 16mm or 35mm prints. With any luck, perhaps some collector somewhere has a print of this Paramount silent.