Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Gary Cooper Fans?

Fandango

That is the best news I've heard since WB released the six movies of Gary Cooper. I'm all over the Cary Grant collection. Two of the movies I have of his in R2, but I'll buy them over again to get The Devil and the Deep. I saw a Gary Cooper documentary where the Universial print for that movie looks prestine. This is very good news for hopefully eventually getting the very early Gary Cooper movies like His Woman, The Man from Wyoming, Seven Days Leave, Only the Brave, The Texan, The Spoilers, City Streets, I Take this Woman, Alice in Wonderland, The Virginian ect. Actually this post is more exciting than the WB dvd-r project to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched "Operator 13" last night. Fairly disappointing picture. Some good parts but overall I didn't know quite what to make of it. Was it drama, musical, farce? I thought most of the performances were stiff (most of the military) or too much (Healy.) Lots of saluting. Nobody could tell Davies was in disguise?

One thing that caught me by surprise is as the Confederate Captain is chasing Davies he finds her horse and the next thing he comes out of the woods with a group of Union soldiers who have captured him. Immediate firing squad. Huh?

The second half was better than the first but overall it won't appear on any favorites list.

Hey Chris! I like *Operator 13* pretty well. It's clearly more Marion Davies movie and I think she does a good job. She and Gary were a pretty good couple but didn't have as much chemistry as some of his other leading ladies.

What really gets me is near the end where Gary's character has a bandage wrapped around his head and it has a nearly perfectly round blood spot on it. Fakey! ;)

At least from my perspective, this one gives us some pretty good eye candy as Gary looks awesome in that uniform with the thigh high boots :x.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Now it's time to trim the Christmas tree :).

Itakethiswoman9.jpg

MGM is now going to venture into the made on demand dvd business and one of their first releases is going to be *Return to Paradise*.

http://www.amazon.com/Return-Paradise-Gary-Cooper/dp/B002Y26UPG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1258813580&sr=1-1

What's with "The Adventures of Marco Polo"? I felt like I was watching a Jon Hall-Maria Montez epic, but without the Technicolor to sell it. A few location shots and then back to the studio.It all had that bland, vaguely "eastern" look. So much for the world-traveller. I kept expecting Billy Gilbert to appear dressed as a sultan. But, Cooper looked great with longer, unkempt hair. Is this the longest hair we've seen on him?

He also had long hair in *Unconquered* but it was back in a ponytail for the whole film. I think he looks cute with the longer wavy hair too.

I was disappointed to hear that *Marco Polo* was almost in color :(. I think I may be the only person that likes that one. Heck, even his own daughter doesn't like it - ha!

Edited by: coopsgirl on Dec 2, 2009 9:07 PM

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings