Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Gary Cooper Fans?

Fandango

No. I 'm just mesmerized by the caps.....

Anna Sten really is a sweetie. :P

HEY! Did you say you LIKED IT? What the heck is going on.

Ummmm, well, uhhhhh...

"Manya" is now my favorite female character in a Coop film. She's ahead of Amy Jolly, Gina, and... Lamby.

weddingnight7-1.jpg

Frank, if you were wearing this white hat I might trust you. ;)

saratogatrunk10.jpg

*The Wedding Night* is a good one, sad but entertaining. The relationship between Gary and Anna Sten's characters seems believable and sweet. The tension between Gary and his wife (Helen Vinson) is palpable and seems very real. I think the three of them all did a great job. Anna never quite caught on but I think she was fine here.

I'm curious if this had been made a couple years earlier in the precode era, if it would have had a different ending?

weddingnight10.jpg

weddingnight18-1.jpg

weddingnight2.jpg

Frank, if you were wearing this white hat I might trust you.

Is that Colonel Sanders?

The Wedding Night is a good one, sad but entertaining.

It is rather sad, but quite lovely.

The relationship between Gary and Anna Sten's characters seems believable and sweet.

Uh-huh. They made a wonderful couple, yet...

The tension between Gary and his wife (Helen Vinson) is palpable and seems very real.

I really felt for Dora (Helen Vinson). She was wonderful, and so very supportive. I liked her. And this is why I like this film more than Dodsworth. There's real conflict here.

I think the three of them all did a great job.

I agree. Hurts, donut?

Anna never quite caught on but I think she was fine here.

This is the first Anna film for me, and I thought she was a cutie. But the character really fit her, since she's playing a Polish girl.

I'm curious if this had been made a couple years earlier in the precode era, if it would have had a different ending?

That's an interesting question. Quite possibly. But I do love the ending, although how the end came to be is a bit of a stretch.

*Is that Colonel Sanders?*

I admit he does look a little Colonel Sanders-y there but he's totally working it. Finger lickin' good baby!!

His wife seemed a little shallow at first but we can tell she does love him and once she sees their relationship is threatened, we see the real her instead of the party girl she had been. I do like the ending as is and it seems reasonable to me.

I admit he does look a little Colonel Sanders-y there but he's totally working it. Finger lickin' good baby!!

:D You got a laugh out of me, Licky.

His wife seemed a little shallow at first but we can tell she does love him and once she sees their relationship is threatened, we see the real her instead of the party girl she had been. I do like the ending as is and it seems reasonable to me.

Nicely said, girl. I completely agree. I really felt for Dora. She really was a good woman.

I just got an email from ClassicFlix about Alice in Wonderland. I've seen Gary's scene on youtube but have never got around to getting the bootleg of that one. I'll have to pick this one up. That makes two of his films they are planning on releasing inlcuding The Devil and the Deep in January. I hope they keep 'em coming like this!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't miss another showing of Meet John Doe as part of the Frank Capra tribute on TCM tonight!

*Meet John Doe* (1941) 12:30am ET / 9:30pm PT

A reporter's fraudulent story turns a tramp into a national hero and makes him a pawn of big business.

Cast: Gary Cooper, Barbara Stanwyck, Edward Arnold, Walter Brennan Dir: Frank Capra BW-122 mins, TV-G

• 2 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings