Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Gary Cooper Fans?

Fandango

Fellow Gary Cooper Fans,

Don't forget to mark your calendars! The first Coop movie of the year is coming up this Sunday!! :D

*If I Had A Million* (1932) - Sunday, Jan. 3 at 10:30pm Eastern

A dying tycoon selects his heirs at random, and each reacts differently to the good fortune.

Cast: Gary Cooper, Charles Laughton, George Raft, Jack Oakie Dir: H. Bruce Humberstone. BW-84 mins, TV-PG

• 2 weeks later...

There was a new book recently released about Gary by David Thomson called *Gary Cooper*. I just wanted to let everyone know not to waste your money on it. A friend of mine just got through reading it and she said it was very poorly written and the author actually used the ?f? word in describing some of his affairs which to me is very inappropriate and also just not very professional. It seems this book also follows the standard pattern I?ve found in most books about him; they compliment him in one sentence and insult him in the next. There are some pictures in it but she said they weren?t any new ones, just the same ones we?ve seen before so I?d save your money and time.

Also *The Devil and The Deep* dvd?s release date has been changed to February 1st.

I used my birthday money to get some neat Gary stuff at an antique store. I got hardback copies of Zane Grey's *Fighting Caravans* and *Nevada* that were reprints from the 60s and a 1901 silver dollar. Theresa also got me a lobby card from *Cloak and Dagger* and a Yugoslavian mag with Gary on the cover. She got me an awesome pic of Clara Bow too from the 30s that was one that Paramount would have sent out to fans when they requested pics. It's so cool!!!

I just remembered, there's a Coop flick on the schedule for Thursday morning! :D

*The Wedding Night* (1935) 7am ET

A married author falls for the beautiful farm girl whose inspiration has saved him from writer's block.

Cast: Gary Cooper, Anna Sten, Ralph Bellamy, Helen Vinson Dir: King Vidor BW-83 mins, TV-G

Remember, the early bird gets the worm. ;)

• 1 month later...

Don;t forget: ‎Mar 02, 2010‎ _Alice's Adventures in Wonderland_ comes to DVD W./ Gary Cooper as the White Knight!!!!

The 1933 film version of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland was an all-star Paramount Pictures undertaking. It is mostly live-action, except for The Walrus and The Carpenter, which was animated by Max Fleischer's studio.

Stars featured in the film included Charlotte Henry as Alice, W. C. Fields as Humpty Dumpty, Edna May Oliver as the Red Queen, Cary Grant as the Mock Turtle, Gary Cooper as the White Knight, Edward Everett Horton as The Mad Hatter, Charles Ruggles as the March Hare, and Baby LeRoy as The Joker.

e3ae3eedc0f3e5536125b1c4a2c5f3a5.image.155x220.jpg

alwo.jpg

*_One of the most wonderful oddities in all Depression-era cinema_ is this Lewis Carroll adaptation that served to unite a plethora of top stars and comic talents under contract at Paramount Pictures. The cast includes Cary Grant (The Mock Turtle), W.C. Fields (Humpty Dumpty), Gary Cooper (The White Knight), plus Charlie Ruggles, Alison Skipworth, Jack Oakie, Edward Everett Horton, and young Charlotte Henry as Alice. Plus, some surprise short subjects!*

*Don't forget: ‎Mar 02, 2010‎ _Alice's Adventures in Wonderland_ comes to DVD W./ Gary Cooper as the White Knight!!!!*

The 1933 film version of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland was an all-star Paramount Pictures undertaking. It is mostly live-action, except for The Walrus and The Carpenter, which was animated by Max Fleischer's studio.

Stars featured in the film included Charlotte Henry as Alice, W. C. Fields as Humpty Dumpty, Edna May Oliver as the Red Queen, Cary Grant as the Mock Turtle, Gary Cooper as the White Knight, Edward Everett Horton as The Mad Hatter, Charles Ruggles as the March Hare, and Baby LeRoy as The Joker.

e3ae3eedc0f3e5536125b1c4a2c5f3a5.image.155x220.jpg

alwo.jpg

*_One of the most wonderful oddities in all Depression-era cinema_ is this Lewis Carroll adaptation that served to unite a plethora of top stars and comic talents under contract at Paramount Pictures. The cast includes Cary Grant (The Mock Turtle), W.C. Fields (Humpty Dumpty), Gary Cooper (The White Knight), plus Charlie Ruggles, Alison Skipworth, Jack Oakie, Edward Everett Horton, and young Charlotte Henry as Alice.*

I watched the Paramount version of Alice in Wonderland and enjoyed it quite a bit (and posted more extensively in the "Alice" thread in the Films and Filmmakers forum).

Coop really is kinda endearing as the White Knight, playing obviously a bit older than he was at the time, but generally managing to find the right whimsical tone that his scene required.

It's a great thing that the movie has now received an official DVD release, because I'm sure every Coop fan will want to add it to their collection. :D

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings