Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Gary Cooper Fans?

I like Deeds more because the ending is better and less of a downer, but both are great movies and I love both Barbara and Jean. Barbara was the better actress but Jean was very funny and was a star in so many funny movies with many different actors, like Cary Grant.

I think of all the leading men from the golden age of Hollywood, Gary Cooper had to have had one of the sweetish boyish smiles of 'em all. And the slow deliberate way he leans in for a kiss

...I think I just swooned a little.

Yup, that...was...a...swoon.

(P.S. Loved seeing Frances Dee too).

Music + clips = very nice video, Coopsgirl.

• 1 month later...

Beautiful, just gorgeous. I enjoyed that more than any other video tribute with home movies I've seen. You are such a pro! I'm working on my first video of this nature and it's a bear to learn, but fun. You are the master.

> {quote:title=coopsgirl wrote:}{quote}

> Thanks April, that was a lovely compliment! I'm excited to see your video. Is it a Gary one or just a bunch of different actors? I'm sure it will be good. :)

Oh my goodness, it's so lousy, ha!! Why, the first thing I messed up. When uploading a movie, I left the subtitles on not realizing I couldn't turn them off afterward. I was too lazy to start over and rip the whole movie again.

And, no, it's not Gary...I wouldn't insult him with my patched up messes! You're the genius for that drink of water. :D

If I can ever make something decent, I'll share it on the board but until then my shame is hidden!

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly another living link to Gary Cooper has passed away. One of the most important woman in his life, who through her many interviews kept his memory alive. My favorite movies of hers are The Fountainhead and Hud which I saw at the old Gay Theatre in Toronto in 1963. I was only 12 years and she made quite a impression on me!

• 3 weeks later...