Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Programming Challenge Voting

perhaps people are uncomfortable with the

> non-confidential voting (afraid of offending one of

> the participants)?

I wondered about that, too, when I first posted. Maybe next time we can figure out a way to do confidential voting to a website only you can see, path. A thought went through my head about, "Well, when I vote for one, that could mean the others who contributed will not vote for me", but the whole was about having fun and programming our own week. It was our own individual network: TCM - Totally Chosen by Me, lol.

Filmlover, Totally Chosen by Me - very cute!

There might be something to a secret ballot, path, you gotta admit that the people who participated are some of the most loved people on this board - therefore it is kinda hard to chose one over the other. I think we pretty much know that they are all terrific people and wouldn't be upset - they even chose others themselves - but even so, it makes it harder.

After looking long and hard, back and forth, and taking many things into consideration and getting into a real mess - writing things down for each person, etc. etc. I finally decided to simply pick the week I think would be most enjoyable - and my vote goes to tzcutter . He Done Her Wrong and She Done Him Just as Bad - a hoot! That?s the Sound of Men Working on the Chain Gang (everybody sing) - can't do any better. And bless you for including Cool Hand Luke. Bob Fosse, Val Lewton, Somerset Maughan, Jack Carson, Eve Arden, Raoul Walsh - wonderful choices. Hattie McDaniel - long overdue. I love the viewer guest addition. That would be a really fun thing to do - and YOU should be the first guest. Raiders of the Lost Films - another great idea and Lost Horizon is the perfect touch. Hell, I just like everything you've done. I would get no sleep during your week.

With honorable mention to MattHelm , who I believe did a lot of "listening" to what people have been requesting on these boards - and that is the biggest problem that most of us have - that nobody seems to listen to our requests. I think Matt did an excellent job of including films and actors (especially Richard Widmark) that we have been wanting. As well as including some very authentic ideas of his own. Another wonderful week of films.

All in all, I'm blown away by all of the ideas and work of "our gang". Kudos to the tcmprogrammer to offering prizes for all of this work - it is really wonderful of TCM to acknowledge these people and their contributions. :-)

I'm glad more people are coming in to vote and they are right. The Serial notion is a great idea.Im glad to see more British films showing up on TCM because that was the reason I entered the contest, to speak for those who have asked for these films. I love them too and not just the Ealing Studio films but the MGM British films. Just to have the honor and the chance to see these wonderful films is a treasure.

lol, it's my own fault I didn't get your vote...it was the war films in my listing. "War, war, war, that's all you men talk about. I swear the next one who mentions..." and I did. LOL. >>

"There's no fighting in here! This is the War Room".

Sorry, scarlett and filmlover, I couldn't resist this wonderful quote from George C Scott.

and my vote goes to tzcutter .>>

Scarlett,

Thanks so much. So glad you liked the Chain Gang night. I know many people don't like recent films on TCM but I would love to watch the evolution of chain gang films over the years.

Glad you liked the other themes. I tried to pick actors that don't always get the tributes and that posters here have asked for and like MattHelm, I was somewhat selfish in many of choices.

I would love for TCM to do a special on film preservation as I think this is the audience that would appreciate it and learn from it. Likewise the series on Film Locations. I was amazed at the number of films that have been shot in various states.

I'm just glad Path gave us the chance and I look forward to the next challenge. Though if it could wait until May or June, I'd be a happy camper. I think I get to spend like a week at home this month. And this is not one of the weeks. :)

Support your fellow community members by voting for your favorite one week TCM schedule (only slightly more than 2 days and nights left before the polls close). While choosing only one out of the six excellent entries in this challenge isn't easy, the job they did was much more difficult. Show them that you appreciate their efforts by participating in the voting. The entries are:

jarhfive - http://forums.turnerclassicmovies.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?messageID=7787158

lzcutter - http://forums.turnerclassicmovies.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?messageID=7785946

filmlover - http://forums.turnerclassicmovies.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?messageID=7785902

allieharding - http://forums.turnerclassicmovies.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?messageID=7785693

hlywdkjk - http://forums.turnerclassicmovies.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?messageID=7784437

MattHelm - http://forums.turnerclassicmovies.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?messageID=7783585

Thank you, and thanks to the eight (besides me) who have already participated in this final phase of the challenge.

Hello,

The past few minutes I looked at all six entries. Guess what? I pick mine!

No. I would fill the hard disk on my recorder three times if TCM programmed allieharding's schedule. I love the British stuff.

Rusty

Although I feel hardly qualified to choose among all of these entries, I feel they deserve to have some reaction from all of the regular posters here. Many of the themes are well thought out and show a sense of style, a sense of humor or both.

After perusing all lists, I cast my lowly vote for filmlover. To state reasons why would be to ignore the efforts of all of the other contestants, but choosing "To Kill a Mockingbird" as the Essential didn't hurt his chances. The entry of lzcutter also appealed to my own idea of a good way to spend a week in June.

Thanks to all of you for the time and effort invested and good luck as you head for the finish line.

CharlieT

Message was edited by:

CharlieT

CharlieT,

Thank you so much for your vote, and believe me it is not lowly. The great thing about this TCM mesage board is that we all bring something great to it, and that is a love of movies. And with almost fifty years of movie watching, I still learn something every day from someone else here. As long as you care about movies, you are completely qualified, Charlie.

WOW. This was a hard choice indeed. All six entrants were outstanding in their own way of a schedule.

I finally got it down to two, and my choice is Izcutter (Lynn).

practically her entire schedule is up my alley, with a dandy variety of movies, and most of all she included my favorite Barbara Stanwyck, in more than a few films.

Good luck to all who entered their schedules. Just terrific!

Thanks mongo! 12 votes in and no clear cut winner yet, a little more than 24 hours remain to get your vote in before the polls close. Please participate if you can (hopefully no one has been "gone" for Spring Break this week).

Mongo,

Thank you! BTW, your birthday thread was invaluable to me for choosing Fosse as my birthday choice. I thought I would be the only one! LOL!! But it appears filmlover likes him, too.

Path,

I wish I was celebrating Spring Break but am away on business. I am serious about wanting to do this again!

Path40a, I know voting is closing in a few hours (I hope some more people will still get theirs in), but I wanted to say thanks - and I am sure the others will add theirs, too - for organizing this. It was great and I can hardly wait for the next one.

Sandy,

Thanks so much! I'm delighted you liked the schedule.

Path,

In case I don't get back to the computer before midnight, I would like to cast my vote for Hollywood Kyle

Can't wait to do this again!

Love all the efforts, Bravo.

But I have to cast my vote for Izcutter. I loved her programming choices, Love the day ending with my personal favorite Sunset Blvd.

Thanks Enjoyed them all.

Tony H

A few more hours to midnight on the west coast. Still time for others to vote, isn't there, Path? Looking forward to seeing who gets it.

Path, had an idea and thought I would run it by you. What do you feel about the winner of the current one pick the next theme or idea for a TCM Programming Challenge? As this is your baby, I bow to your judgement.

This has been fun and I look forward to two things: 1. taking part in the next one, and 2. Seeing Path's contribution.

Archived