Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tyrone Power

antiquemomma

• 1 month later...

I really miss Tyrone Power. He was so great in everything he did. It definitely is unfair that one human being can look that great! His role in "Nightmare Alley" is supposed to be his acting triumph. He definitely forsook his looks in that one. But I also thought he was wonderful in "The Eddy Duchin Story",

Abandon Ship" and "The Mask of Zorro". I'm glad there's another Tyrone Power fan out there.

Terrence.

His besr performance was in Nightmare Alley,a very negative role.This film directed by Edmund Goulding had a great supporting cast that includes Joan Blondell,Helen Walker,and Taylor Holmes.This outstanding file noir has been availabe on DVD with a little more than a year.

Also included in the cast of "Nightmare Alley" is Coleen Gray, an actress I've always admired. There was so much potential there, especially in the beginning of her career. But after starring in about four or five A movies, she was reduced to playing in low-budget westerns and science-fiction movies. But whatever she was starring in, she was always the best thing in the movie.

Terrence.

Coleen Gray was excellent in Alley and in a small, tender ,role as Waynes' girlfriend in Red River and Hathaways' Kiss of Death,and latter in Kubricks' The Killing.But your right,she was poorly used by Hollywood.Nightmare co-star Helen Walker also should have done better,but injuries,in an automobile accident,and cancer cut short a very promising career.

Thanks, Ken, for responding. It's wonderful to find another Coleen Gray fan. Have you ever heard of "Models, Inc."? It's a murder mystery she made with Howard Duff. I haven't seen it in many years and I've never seen it aired on TV.

Terrence.

Thanks, Ken, for responding. It's wonderful to find another Coleen Gray fan. Have you ever heard of "Models, Inc."? It's a murder mystery she made with Howard Duff. I haven't seen it in many years and I've never seen it aired on TV.

Terrence.

Archived