Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Death Ship

CaveGirl

As we sail through turbulent cinematic seas, we keep losing favorite actors, directors and the like, of yesteryear fame, in the hazardous currents.

Right now I keep worrying about some of my faves being tossed overboard, never to be seen again, like Jean-Louis Trintignant and Debbie Reynolds, since they are getting up there. There was a time when I knew everyone from films who was alive or dead, but then the count started becoming overwhelming and I lost contact with the moribund members of the field.

I really almost hate when I see that TCM car whipping through the dark, wet streets with the teary windshield. It's like "Oh no, who will it be?"

Sadly the people who we lose are never the ones I keep hoping will croak and go to greener pastures. I could name names but it would have to be in a private message.

Now that I have mixed numerous metaphors and gotten all upset that Jean-Louis is next up, I'm wondering who are you wishing could live forever, besides Betty White?

Personally CG, not only do I wish an actor who I think was one of(if not THE) best film actor of the 1970s through the 1990s, Gene Hackman, would "live forever", but I also wish the guy would un-retire himself and return to make a few more movies.

• Like 2

Personally CG, not only do I wish an actor who I think was one of(if not THE) best film actor of the 1970s through the 1990s, Gene Hackman, would "live forever", but I also wish the guy would un-retire himself and return to make a few more movies.

I think I never liked him more than when he played the blind hermit in the Mel Brooks Frahnkenschteen film!

A lot of those great 60's and 70's era stars are getting up there in years. You've already mentioned two of my favorites, Gene Hackman (almost 86) and Sean Connery (85). Others that I like: Kirk Douglas (99), Harry Dean Stanton (89), Max Von Sydow (86), Robert Duvall (85), Clint Eastwood (85), Ian Holm (84), William Shatner (84), Michael Caine (82), Alan Arkin (81), Donald Sutherland (80).

The first and Best (IMHO) James Bond--Sean Connery.  I wish he'd come back and make another film or two.

Well, there's just no one like Sean Connery is there, FL?

Anyone who can put Barbara Walters in her place during an interview, is okay with me!

Plus, he was also great in "Darby O'Gill and the Little People".

• Like 1