Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Least Sexy!

To me, sexiness is more complicated than just looks. It is also an attitude - a part of a person's personna that makes them sexually appealing, regardless of looks.

A good example of this - in fact, the best example, IMO, is Humphrey Bogart. Now, he was certainly not a *bad* looking man or anything - but lets face it - a Clark Gable or Errol Flynn he was not. But was he sexy? Absolutely. The air about him is just charged with it, one feels when watching his films.

Now, as for actors who I don't find sexy, I guess I'd have to go with alot of the guys who played gangster types - George Raft, Edward G. Robinson, etc. And frankly, I never thought the Barrymores were very sexy either.

Although Cagney played gangsters alot and he was sexy....

I agree about Brando - I don't see what makes the hearts flutter. One name I haven't seen pop up yet is James Dean - absolutely no sex appeal there (perhaps because he's a blonde, and they just don't do it for me).

However, I have always found Edward G. Robinson to have tremendous sex appeal - the same is true for Humphrey Bogart, Fred Astaire, Ray Milland, and some of the others named on this board.

As for the gals (of which I am one), I believe Harlow was extremely sexy, as was Cyd Charisse, who I haven't seen named on this thread (the brunette in the Girl Hunt Ballet in The Bandwagon - holy smokes!!). And Marlene Dietrich smokes up the screen every single time ...

When ever I look at Brando I only want to do one thing to him....if thats not sex appeal, then God help me! LOL!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

He brings out the "worst" in a "good girl" such as myself! LOL!

Charli - I agree!!!!! Marlon Brando was just about the sexiest male species I've ever seen - in or out of movies. Take a look at the young Brando in "The Men", "Streetcar Named Desire", "On the Waterfont", "Julius Caesar" and "Sayonara"....Brando was so handsome, he takes your breath away.

I don't know, Charli. Maybe it's because he looks and acts like he is unintelligent, which is a huge turn off for me. But then again, maybe that's part of his appeal ... different strokes for different folks.

I don't care how dumb he was in some of his films! He ozzed sex more than any other man I have ever seen on screen!

He was actually an extremely intelligent individual!

I know he played a "dumb guy" in On the Waterfront and Streetcar and The Wild One! Oh, but how charasmatic he was!

He wasn't so dumb in Guys and Dolls, Last Tango in Paris and Julius Caesar...and I was still drooling! LOL!

Message was edited by:

charli

Message was edited by:

charli

• 1 month later...

Marjorie Main. If I was drunk enough to want to, I'd be too drunk to be able to. :)

The second post said someone considered a "sex symbol." Well, all of those Kettle kids had to come from somewhere.

CharlieT

• 3 weeks later...

whoever said marlon brando was not sexy needs some help. his voice was sexy, his looks were sexy, and he was an awesome actor!!! just because he played certain roles doesn't mean he was dumb in reality! he absolutely took my breath away in streetcar named desire!!

Please don't be so judgmental and name calling is not an option. Were all here to express an opinion there is no right or wrong answer! Don't forget "Beauty Is in the Eye of the Beholder" So is "The Least Sexy" We all can agree to disagree but without the "NameCalling"

Many people would say Boris Karloff wasn't attractive but I find him marvelous. His face, piercing eyes, and soft but menacing voice made him perfect for his genre. Another great man is Charles Laughton. I simply enjoyed "The Canterville Ghost" and "The Hunchback Of Notre Dame". Those that are considered "least sexy" have become lovable characters that shine on screen with talent.