Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hitchcock Trivia

Here?s an easy one. A line of dialogue. Name the movie:

?I've heard that one before, too. I remind you of someone you used to be madly in love with, but she ditched you for another guy, and you've been carrying the torch ever since, and then you saw me and something clicked.?

Nope.

(Does he speak in that, or is he just making noise as part of a crowd of people?)

(Answering my own question: I just looked it up. He's holding a camera in that one, and doesn't speak.)

Message was edited by:

MrWriteLA

No. You guys should be looking much later in his career.

HINT: There's a reason for him to speak in this particular film. It's different from the others in a specific way, and his usual jokey "appearance" would have been out of place because of it.

Absolutely correct.

Being a true-life story about a grievous miscarriage of justice, it wasn't exactly the sort of thing in which he could be seen trying to shove a bass viol onto a train. Instead, he speaks directly to the audience in a prologue, giving them the context of the story.

Well done, path40a. Over to you.

Spellbound wasn't the first time an audience was "shot" with a colorful blast. Can you name the film in which a gunman looks directly in the camera and shoots his audience with an explosion of color? This shot shot was unrelated to the narrative and it was up to the distibutor to play it at the beginning or the end of the film.

You got it, Tracey... and the REALLY weird part of it is that Bernard Herrmann got a "sound consultant" credit... two movies before Hitchcock would fire him off of "Torn Curtain", and they'd never work together again.