Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hitchcock Trivia

'G-afternoon River 33:

Just a friendly note to clarify why "Suspicion" didn't fit as the answer to my question. It is true that the film was re-titled (by RKO execs) prior to its release and Hitchcock certainly did deplore the title which he thought sounded obvious and 'cheap.' But that decision was made well before the actual release of the film. Not so with 'Paradine,' about which the title debate lasted up to 24 hours before the actual release.

Did appreciate you taking part in the game, though.

Cordially,

Robert.

Well, of course, Hirschfeld (not "field, though, "feld" means "field" in German) drew the profile of Hitch that became famous from its use in Alfred Hitchcock Presents intro (it adorns the exterior wall of the Hitchcock Theater on the Universal Studios lot to this day).

As to which film, I'm going to venture REAR WINDOW.

Al Hirschfeld's actress wife of 50+ years, Dolly Haas, made her last movie appearance in I Confess.

P.S.Thank's RobertE for the further Suspicion/Paradine Case explanation.

My question:

What do 1930s Hitchcock actresses Nova Pilbeam (Man Who Knew Too Much, Young and Innocent), Googie Withers (The Lady Vanishes), and Maureen O'Hara (Jamaica Inn) all have in common.

Hint: 1960s Hitchcock actresses Janet Leigh (Psycho), Jessica Tandy (The Birds), and Dany Robin (Topaz) do not share this trait.

OK, as I have somehow managed to bring the Hitchcock trivia room to a screeching halt, let me atttempt to get it going again.

The answer to my question, re: What do Hitchcock actresses Nova Pilbeam, Googie Withers, and Maureen O'Hara have in common? The answer is: they are all, presently, alive. (In fact I don't really know of any other prominant Hitchcock actors of the '30s who are? I'm curious if anyone knows of any other).

So to get things going again, I will open it up to anyone who has a Hitchcock trivia question.

I don't know the answer to this, but I think that THE PLEASURE GARDEN, DOWNHILL, and WALTZES FROM VIENNA are held at the British Film Institute; since none of the three are on video I 'm guessing its one of them. Although I think I read somewhere that a university in Texas has a print of DOWNHILL.

Anyway, dying to know the answer.

Am I on the right track?