Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hitchcock Trivia

Oh, how nice. My next guess was going to be "The Paradine Case."

My question is this:

Hitchcock was known for brevity when it came to directing actors. Take Barbara Bel Geddes, for example. Miss Bel Geddes recalled, late in life, how Hitch limited his direction of her to two simple words at the oustet of shooting "Vertigo." This advice she took to heart throughout the shoot. What was Hitchcock's advice?

Yeah, deep lavender is the other color that is used symbolically in the film. It signifies ...well, death, for lack of a better term. Used borth for Karen Dor's dress and in the lavender flower sash that Roscoe Lee Browne "finishes" following the (implied murder of Uribe.)

"Topaz" is a pretty good movie, I think, much underrated still today.

All right. Next question:

Supply the link between the following Hitchcock films:

"The Manxman"

"Foreign Correspondent"

"Young and Innocent"

No need to check The Manxman (1929) (the director's last silent), Hitchcock didn't begin his cameos until Blackmail (1929) out of necessity (needed more background actors, so he put himself in the picture).

I didn't mean to offend, hope I didn't.

As far as the answer to the question, I thought the answer might be related to all three films containing a scene within a mill, except that I think the Young and the Innocent sequence is actually just a barn.

Yikes. I hope I didn't screw up this question. Yes -- the answer I was looking for is that each film contains a scene set in a mill. I still think Derrick de Marney hides out in a mill, rather than a barn, in "Y&I," but now I really am going to have to consult a video.

Be that as it may, I'm handing things over to path40a for the next question.

Y&I was just on TCM last Friday too, but I didn't watch or tape it to verify it either way. In any case, I'll offer up another question:

One Plus One Equals One was the original title of what Hitchcock film?