> screened in some markets as the second half of a

> double bill with Sinatra's "Lady In Cement") Both

> leads give some of their best work (Weld is

> especially on fire in this one) and the on-location

> setting of Great Barrington and North Adams,

> Massachusetts adds an extra sense of reality. Seek

> this one out!

>

I was very pleased to see that this one is being released. I heartily agree that this film is an original, and the on-location shooting in very modest surroundings gives it a sort of docu-drama feel. It's been broadcast a few times, and I like it better each time I see it. The first time I saw it, in a theater, I guess I was a little too young to get the subtleties, although I am still a fan of both Perkins and Weld. The work very well in this movie - both rather mannered, but they aren't too much together - they sort of complement each other's quirky styles. This film should get "Harold and Maude" status, although "Pretty Poison" has no light in its heart.

I loved valley of the dolls what a great movie. It was so bizarre and weird

Do you mean Valley of the Dolls or Beyond the Valley of the Dolls? Beyond was the Russ Meyer film from a script by Roger Ebert. Originally the two were going to make a movie starring the punk rock group the Sex Pistols but due to personality conflicts Meyer and Ebert made Beyond the Valley of the Dolls. This is probably the one you mean as being bizarre and weird. Though I never saw Valley.

Freaks, The Last Broadcast, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

What's the one with the venus fly traps? Little Shop of Horrors I think it was. That was pretty funny too.

I would love to see Andy Warhol's three great flesh flicks: "Trash," "Heat" and "Flesh.", all starring the unforgettable Joe Dellasandra. These movies have mucho nudity and simullated sex but are well worth watching to see what one of of America's much hyped artists was doing on film during the 70s. "Heat," in particular, is hysterical, a take-off of Sunset Boulevard with sylvia Miles the aging film star and Joe Dellasandra her shiftless boyfriend.

Two cult classics that would be perfect for late Friday night TCM Underground:

1. Neighbors (1981) -- Dan Aykroyd & John Belushi (from the novel by Thomas Berger) Belushi's last movie.

2. Steelyard Blues (1973) -- Donald Sutherland, Jane Fonda, Peter Boyle

Reminder: "Detour" is on TCM Saturday 9th 10PM. This is a CULT Cult Movie. The budget was $1.69 and they shot it in three hours after lunch.

I would love to see Andy Warhol's three great flesh flicks: "Trash," "Heat" and "Flesh.",

I remember "Trash". I also remember a Warhol film about Dracula, maybe the title was "Dracula". The story line was that Dracula could only drink the blood of virgins and all the women that he attacked always told him they were virgins. Of course they were not and so Dracula would become violently ill after feasting on their blood. This movie was in the style of Trash and very funny. Would love to see it and the ones that you requested. Thats two votes.

Waiting for Guffman, Best In Show, and A Mighty Wind - all hilariously satirical movies directed by Christopher Guest. The same team of actors star in all three movies. I don't know which one is my favorite as they're equally great!

A movie I sort of saw some of at a drive-in in 1974, Flesh Gordon! Beware Emporer Wang. It was slapped with a "X" when first released, but later changed to an "R" rating. It's a goofy farce with some terribly funny stop-motion animation.

Freaks is my all-time favorite, I love that movie. For the longest time I've wanted to see that movie, and when I finally saw it,I LOVED IT. And now I'm on a mission to get my family and friends to watch it.

HELL COMES TO FROGTOWN. In a post-nuclear-war world there are mutant frogs, very few fertile men, and, best of all, Sandahl Bergman. She is really something to see!

BEGOTTEN (1989). This is a very odd number -- it makes THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI look like SON OF FLUBBER. Shot in a grainy, almost abstract visual style, it's not for all tastes. I'm not even sure it's to my taste, but I find myself going back to it as it slowly reveals its secrets. What's it about? Good question . . .

blue velvet

heathers

the river's edge

evil dead 2

wild at heart

lost highway

the reflecting skin

parents

sweetie

the unbelievable truth...to name a very few.

I also love: _A Boy and His Dog_ (1975) - Don Johnson plays a young man in a post nuclear war world who has an interesting friend, a telepathic dog. The dog gives him an advantage in dealing with the barbaric world he lives in. When Johnson finds one place that has escaped the devastation of the war, he also finds some rather odd attitudes.

Has to be seen to be believed! I saw this bck in the late 80's on VHS!

yes, i agree CelluloidKid

a boy and his dog is great; probably an influence on the mad max/road warrior films. danny peary in his book cult movies...or is it cult movies 2 wrote a great review of the film. john

So many, but my top 5 would be:

*Female Trouble*

*Targets*

*The Legend of Billie Jean*

*The Creeping Terror*

*Les Yeus sans visage*

I have trouble accepting many films as "cult", at least by my definition of the word. Films like *Rocky Horror Picture Show*, *Valley of the Dolls*, *Beyond the Valley of the Dolls*, *Black Christmas*, and others, were all successful films from their release. At least with *Rocky Horror* (a film I despise), it was always more about the audience than the film, but still, I always think of a cult films as a picture that made no noise on its release, but developed a following over the years. It's by that definition that I made my list above.

I've gone all over the map for types of movies from straight exploitation and horror (my 2 favorite film types) all the way to tomance and even a gay comedy since I will watch any kind of movie

My top few are

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains (Very young Diane Lane and Laura Dern)

Rock n Roll High School (The Ramones appear as themselves)

Pink Flamingos (The funniest and one of the most disgusting movies I've seen)

Rocky Horror Picture Show (No need to say more)

Cannibal Holocaust (Don't like real animal violence stay away)

Show Me Love (F**king Amal is the original swedish title - A really good love story)

D.E.B.S. (Hilarious Spy Movie Satire)

Fight for you Life (If you are PC and can't stand racist slang ignore this exploitation movie)

Meet The Feebles (The Muppets on Acid - Hell Hath no fury like a hippo scorned)

Bad Taste (Peter Jackson's First movie Gory and Funny)

Another Gay Movie (Think of the Gay version of American Pie - I'm straight and couldn't stop laughing)

> {quote:title=jafarm66@hotmail.com wrote:}{quote}

> Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains (Very young Diane Lane and Laura Dern)

Ray Winstone was also in it. Good to see it finally receiving a DVD release and even getting shown on TCM Underground B-)

> Meet The Feebles (The Muppets on Acid - Hell Hath no fury like a hippo scorned)

Haven't seen that since before Peter Jackson hit the big time. Would love to watch again.

Has anyone here watched *Dr. Caligari* (1989) or *Lobster Man from Mars* ?

Here is a movie that could be a Cult Classic if it would get released on DVD. I am not sure how many remember Cold Turkey from 1971 but it was a very good comedy. Some big names in it and its a movie by Mel Brooks so you know what to expect.