Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

on svengoolie tonite

14 minutes ago, DougieB said:

She struck me as being more imaginative than that. 

She's a woman. She got married.

• Sad 1

the two faces of dr. Jekyll is always disatisfying for me. a very well-crafted film but hammer gets it wrong. we wait for kitty to get her comeuppance and she never really does. all hyde does is sic a snake on poor Christopher lee and schtooks kitty but what we are all really waiting for is hyde to make it clear to her who he really is. what a disappointment.

creative hammer has her fall to her death through a skylight...

brilliant!

:angry:

Related image

On 6/30/2019 at 1:39 PM, BrownShoes said:

Got married and lived off a man, of course.

Seems that you've been drinking that wine pressed from SOUR GRAPES.  ;)  

Oh, and are you familiar with THIS tune?  ;)  :D  

Sorry....couldn't resist...

Sepiatone

I'm waiting for the son of Dr. Jekyll's sister: Daughter of Dr. Jekyll, an Edgar Ulmer rarity. One of my favorite lines from Andrew Sarris's The American Cinema:  "... anyone who loves the cinema must be moved by The Daughter of Dr Jekyll, a film with a scenario so atrocious that it takes forty minutes to establish that the daughter of Dr Jekyll is indeed the daughter of Dr Jekyll."

10 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Seems that you've been drinking that wine pressed from SOUR GRAPES.

All my grapes of either tender or wrathful.

21 hours ago, Swithin said:

I'm waiting for the son of Dr. Jekyll's sister: Daughter of Dr. Jekyll, an Edgar Ulmer rarity. One of my favorite lines from Andrew Sarris's The American Cinema:  "... anyone who loves the cinema must be moved by The Daughter of Dr Jekyll, a film with a scenario so atrocious that it takes forty minutes to establish that the daughter of Dr Jekyll is indeed the daughter of Dr Jekyll."

Well, YOU can let someone else tell you how to think or feel about a movie, but I'll form my own opinion, thank you.

And maybe I'd prefer.......

;) 

Sepiatone

On Svengoolie tomorrow, July 6, 2019: Mr. Sardonicus (1961), directed by William Castle

220px-Sardgrin2.jpg

Guy Rolfe

MV5BZmM5Yzg0MjYtMDE5OC00MmJjLTgzZjEtMmZk

Oskar Homolka as Krull: "When my master says, 'Krull, do this thing,' I do the thing, whatever it may be."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Saw this flick manytimes over the years( a few times too, on Svengoolie).  I think the movie's theme song should have been............  ;)

:D   

17 hours ago, Swithin said:

On Svengoolie tomorrow, July 6, 2019: Mr. Sardonicus (1961), directed by William Castle

220px-Sardgrin2.jpg

Guy Rolfe

Oskar Homolka as Krull: "When my master says, 'Krull, do this thing,' I do the thing, whatever it may be."

I wish sardonicus woulda told this schtootz to cut off his own bleep.

and castle was a bit of a bleep to. I mean putting leeches on a sweet blonde house maid?

I know castle was trying to be funny but sometimes he just comes across as a little depraved.

him and his stupid hat.

Image result for william castle mr. sardonicus

18 hours ago, Swithin said:

220px-Sardgrin2.jpg

Guy Rolfe

Swith-- I haven't seen this movie, nor have I seen the Conrad Veidt's movie "The Man Who Laughs".

But the apparatus used on the newer movie doesn't look as authentic as the classic film makeup.

But I guess with William Castle's budget we are lucky to have a film at all. And I like his cheap stuff better than that Hammer cheap wigs, cheap set blood stuff.

• Like 2

It's a very entertaining low-budget thriller.  Ronald Lewis was the perfect leading man. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rayban said:

It's a very entertaining low-budget thriller.  Ronald Lewis was the perfect leading man. 

Don't you think he should have become a starring leading man in Hollywood?

He really carried that movie and had real charisma.

But apparently, things did not go his way in the end. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Don't you think he should have become a starring leading man in Hollywood?

He really carried that movie and had real charisma.

But apparently, things did not go his way in the end. 

I did like him.

But I know nothing about his career.

Ronald Lewis looks image.jpeg.21c4c2e635fd42aafd75e846c519934b.jpega bit like Jack Palance to me...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thenryb said:

Ronald Lewis looks image.jpeg.21c4c2e635fd42aafd75e846c519934b.jpega bit like Jack Palance to me...

I think the later actor Patrick Bergin looks similar to Ronald Lewis.

280full.jpg

I know that I'd seen Lewis in a few things in the past, but during this latest pass through the movie years that I've been watching, Ronald Lewis has shown up numerous times.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Thenryb said:

He reminds me of the actor James Stacy, the ex-husband of Connie Stevens, who had that unfortunate motorcycle accident.

1 hour ago, BrownShoes said:

Has Horrors of the Black Museum ever played on svengoolie?

I don't think so, but I can't be sure. I knew one of the actors in it, a lovely man named Graham Curnow.

horrors-of-the-black-museum-6.png?w=700

Michael Gough and Graham Curnow

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:13 PM, Swithin said:

I don't think so, but I can't be sure. I knew one of the actors in it, a lovely man named Graham Curnow.

horrors-of-the-black-museum-6.png?w=700

Michael Gough and Graham Curnow

Thanks for responding.

It seems there are some of these movies that are quite memorable from my childhood that just seem to have fallen through the cracks insofar as broadcasting is concerned. Horrors of the Black Museum being one of them.

On Svengoolie tomorrow, July 13, 2019:

MV5BOTA4ZWY1ZDYtMGVhYy00NWExLWFiOWYtZDk5

I'm not sure that I've seen this film. It sounds like the kind of horror film that has a greedy American (played by Fred Clark) as the real villain; sort of a la Forrest Tucker in The Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas, also made by Hammer a few years earlier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Swithin said:

I'm not sure that I've seen this film. It sounds like the kind of horror film that has a greedy American (played by Fred Clark) as the real villain; sort of a la Forrest Tucker in The Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas, also made by Hammer a few years earlier.

I really like Fred Clark, so I'll Stick Around to see a few of his scenes. But when I heard the movie announced, I thought it was a Universal movie. Hopefully things will look up in August.

4 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I really like Fred Clark, so I'll Stick Around to see a few of his scenes. But when I heard the movie announced, I thought it was a Universal movie. Hopefully things will look up in August.

the girl has great honkers.

Image result for the curse of the mummy's tomb (1964)

only part I like is when the terrorist hacks off the egyptologist's hand.

:D

12 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

He's the comic relief in the film, one of the funniest scenes is when he suddenly burps.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Swithin said:
12 hours ago, Swithin said:

Notice the name following TERENCE MORGAN?  ;) 

Sure, not the Ronald Howard one might think of right off, but amusing all the same .  Imagine little OPIE running in yelling, "PA!  That guy wrapped in TOILET PAPER is picking on BARNEY!"  :D 

But this movie's Ronald Howard is the son of LESLIE HOWARD

Sepiatone

• Like 3