• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

on svengoolie tonite

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

But this movie's Ronald Howard is the son of LESLIE HOWARD

Leslie Howard's nephew, Alan Howard, was also an actor. I've seen him on stage, in roles ranging from Henry Higgins to Coriolanus and King Lear. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Swithin said:

Leslie Howard's nephew, Alan Howard, was also an actor. I've seen him on stage, in roles ranging from Henry Higgins to Coriolanus and King Lear. 

I have watched a British TV series with Ronald Howard playing Sherlock Holmes. I think it was from the 1950s.

• Like 1

Oh, my. I thought it was another one of those lame mummy pictures where Tom Tyler is dragging his feet to catch you. I often clown around at work where I drag my left foot, an attempt to escape from the Mummy, a fruitless effort. 

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

I have watched a British TV series with Ronald Howard playing Sherlock Holmes. I think it was from the 1950s.

Yes, but I don't think that any of the episodes are based on any Sherlock Holmes tales.

On Svengoolie tonight, July 20, 2019:

Village of the Giants (1965), with Tommy Kirk, Beau Bridges, Tisha Sterling, Ron Howard, and Gail Gilmore. I don't know this movie. 

VILLAGE%20GIANTS%20SAT%20152-SVENGOOLIE%

MV5BMWYwM2ZjN2MtMjI1MS00ZTlhLTg4ZTYtNDYz

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swithin said:

On Svengoolie tonight, July 20, 2019:

Village of the Giants (1965), with Tommy Kirk, Beau Bridges, Tisha Sterling, Ron Howard, and Gail Gilmore. I don't know this movie. 

Another of Nipkow's favorites. I'll let you guess why.

I want to think that this was on Svengoolie earlier this year.

Edit: It was on January 12.

On 7/13/2019 at 3:46 PM, Princess of Tap said:

image.jpeg.99318a73aedd051263de23abf8af463b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

image.jpeg.99318a73aedd051263de23abf8af463b.jpeg

The Ron Howard in Village of the Giants is Opie, now a renowned director. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Another of Nipkow's favorites. I'll let you guess why.

I want to think that this was on Svengoolie earlier this year.

Edit: It was on January 12.

Svengoolie needs to expand his library.

• Like 1

I always rock and roll to the music of this piece of *swear words edited*

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2019 at 6:03 PM, Janet0312 said:

I always rock and roll to the music of this piece of *swear words edited*

Could you explain this message?

1 hour ago, Mario500 said:

Could you explain this message?

Gee. I don't remember. I think I was angry because this music gets stuck in my head from time to time. Like now. 

38 minutes ago, Janet0312 said:

Gee. I don't remember. I think I was angry because this music gets stuck in my head from time to time. Like now. 

Was the music for a certain movie mentioned here?

I watch MeTV on Xfinity/Comcast and over a sub-channel of KTLN. This is in the SF Bay Area. There are some problems with "chicklets" in the picture sometimes. I've been in touch with KTLN and Comcast is running a fiber feed in the next two weeks.

(Not sure how many forum users are out here)

On 8/19/2019 at 10:04 AM, Mario500 said:

Was the music for a certain movie mentioned here?

Village of the Giants. 

• Thanks 1

Strait-Jacket Poster

This was on last night. I rarely watch entire movies on here due to the long commercial interruptions though I do enjoy Sven's comedy bits and movie trivia. I like this movie but was disappointed to see some scenes totally cut out. Such as where Joan Crawford spills coffee on her dress and has a breakdown while waiting for her daughter to clean the spot. It cuts the entire scene where she first comes into house of her daughter's boyfriend and when she spills the coffee. It just goes right to the breakdown scene, which would leave new viewers to this totally confused.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

Strait-Jacket Poster

This was on last night. I rarely watch entire movies on here due to the long commercial interruptions though I do enjoy Sven's comedy bits and movie trivia. I like this movie but was disappointed to see some scenes totally cut out. Such as where Joan Crawford spills coffee on her dress and has a breakdown while waiting for her daughter to clean the spot. It cuts the entire scene where she first comes into house of her daughter's boyfriend and when she spills the coffee. It just goes right to the breakdown scene, which would leave new viewers to this totally confused.

Thanks for this information because I was in the kitchen cooking and I thought I had just missed out. What you said made a whole lot of sense. I enjoyed watching this movie just to see how polished and professional Joan Crawford worked with a garbage script.  I swear at one point when her character was overtaken by her mental condition, that Joan was copying verbatim Bette Davis in "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane?"

I have to give Joan credit to have the courage to do this work and to continue working under those circumstances. But her cast wasn't bad at all, Leif Erickson, Diane Baker,  George Kennedy and Howard St John were first-rate.

Looking back on everything, it seems so unfair that actresses like Bette Davis, Joan Crawford and Olivia de Havilland had to play in these horror flicks while their equally old leading men were still with the "A" movies and the young actresses. But by the mid 60s I guess, apart from Cary Grant and Fred Astaire, most of those men were dead, retired or just totally incapacitated anyway. LOL

• Like 2

It looks like MeTV has dropped Svengoolie. It wasn't on the schedule Sat. night. I would've enjoyed watching Strait Jacket again.

:wacko:

It was on the schedule on MY service( WOW) but like an idiot, I didn't tune in.  I instead chose to watch the horror of the Detroit Tigers blow another multi run lead and lose. :angry: :(

Sepiatone

5 hours ago, Hibi said:

It looks like MeTV has dropped Svengoolie. It wasn't on the schedule Sat. night. I would've enjoyed watching Strait Jacket again.

I'm totally embarrassed to say it was good fun.

It's on my online guide (RCN) for next Saturday. The guide doesn't mention the movie. Svengoolie's website says The Giant Claw, which has been on fairly recently.

The-Giant-Claw-1957-A-Real-Turkey-Buzzar

6 hours ago, Hibi said:

MeTV in the So Cal area still has Svengoolie.

Watched parts of  Strait Jacket. 

20 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I'm totally embarrassed to say it was good fun.

Apparently it's still on my cable. The tv schedule had something else scheduled. I should have known better and checked! It's not like I haven't seen it a dozen or more times, but I enjoy his between commercial bits. :( (Strait-Jacket)