Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

on svengoolie tonite

I hadn't seen The Blob in decades, and never in color. I think this film leads the pack in terms of the idiocy of the human population. However, Steve McQueen has a line at the end that is prescient. They need to keep the blob frozen forever, so the air force sends a huge plane to take it to the Arctic. When they take it away, the  police chief says everything's ok now,  Steve McQueen's last line is "as long as the Arctic stays cold." 

ca3e7d416e0642d1bd815c052d2b0381_db10b92

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

And don't miss that great title song written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David--

" Beware of The Blob ".

It'll make you forget:

"Do You Know the Way to San Jose?"

Can it do anything for me with "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head" ???

(...or am I just fated to live with THAT one until my dying breath?)

On 9/5/2020 at 10:03 PM, Swithin said:

I hadn't seen The Blob in decades, and never in color. I think this film leads the pack in terms of the idiocy of the human population. However, Steve McQueen has a line at the end that is prescient. They need to keep the blob frozen forever, so the air force sends a huge plane to take it to the Arctic. When they take it away, the  police chief says everything's ok now,  Steve McQueen's last line is "as long as the Arctic stays cold." 

My favorite line is one of the teenagers at the site of where the blob first landed, they pick a piece of hot rock and one says "You mean this little pebble was up there hot rodding all over the universe?"

On Svengoolie tomorrow, September 12, 2020:

MV5BMjM5NTk3N2EtNGZkMy00NTdhLWE0NGQtZDhk

I'm not sure I've ever seen this film.  Would this represent the apotheosis of Rory Calhoun's horror career, or would that be Motel Hell, which I have seen?

15 hours ago, Swithin said:

On Svengoolie tomorrow, September 12, 2020:

MV5BMjM5NTk3N2EtNGZkMy00NTdhLWE0NGQtZDhk

I'm not sure I've ever seen this film.  Would this represent the apotheosis of Rory Calhoun's horror career, or would that be Motel Hell, which I have seen?

From what I've heard about Rory's reputation as a ladies man, it's a miracle that he even had time to do a couple of these drive-in movies.:o

7 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

From what I've heard about Rory's reputation as a ladies man, it's a miracle that he even had time to do a couple of these drive-in movies.

Maybe HE'S the Lepus!

rory-calhoun-movies-0.jpg

Ugh "A Night of Rory Calhoun"?

• Haha 2
On 9/5/2020 at 10:08 PM, Dargo said:

Can it do anything for me with "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head" ???

(...or am I just fated to live with THAT one until my dying breath?)

remember the flat (**) rehash from '88 with Kevin Dillon?  Steve only wanted cash for his role, he was broke & had no idea it would be a cult flick  He didn't like it much though filming it

4 minutes ago, Swithin said:

On Svengoolie tomorrow, September 19, 2020:

MV5BMTY2NDE3OTA0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDE1

MV5BMDAyYjM1YWQtYmExMy00ZTZiLWE4YmItZTJi

Albert Dekker died a bizarro way in 1968 tied up with handcuffs & dirty words written all over him in his bathtub, hanging, much like David Carradine yrs later

On 9/12/2020 at 12:07 AM, Princess of Tap said:

From what I've heard about Rory's reputation as a ladies man, it's a miracle that he even had time to do a couple of these drive-in movies.:o

PRINCESS, how have you been?

Just now, spence said:

think it was you that knew MIOCKEY ROONEY am i correct?  But strongly disliked him right?

7 was it you who knew a lot about JAMES ARNESS as well?  Very much want to hear it & both please

a disappointing flick that totally misses the mark. somehow I just can't get excited about dr. forkell grabbing dr. bulfinch. a much better story woulda been having the babe monkeying around with the controls and shrinking all the men.

:)

a great use of technicolor at the beginning with the greenish glow after forkell shoves paul fix down into that radium tube or whatever the hell it is.

• Like 1

Louise Allbritton is perhaps the hottest sexiest most alluring vampiress from Hollywood's golden age.

Gloria Holden is a joke compared to the lovely Louise Allbritton and Frank Craven shoulda stuck to rubber byproducts in Pittsburgh.

she's the real star of Son of Dracula.

lon chaney jr. does an admirable job playing the count but viewers cannot take their eyes offa  Louise Allbritton.

Cheever Cowdin and The Son of Dracula | Faithful Readers

3 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

Louise Allbritton is perhaps the hottest sexiest most alluring vampiress from Hollywood's golden age.

Gloria Holden is a joke compared to the lovely Louise Allbritton and Frank Craven shoulda stuck to rubber byproducts in Pittsburgh.

lon chaney jr. does an admirable job playing the count but viewers cannot take their eyes offa  Louise Allbritton.

Don't dis Gloria Holden, who plays the eponymous role in Dracula's Daughter. She is brilliant.  And by the way, she gave William Holden his name (really!). 

Another great lady in Son of Dracula is Adeline De Walt Reynolds.

adeline-de-walt-reynolds-louise-allbritt

Adeline De Walt Reynolds (left) with Louise Allbritton in Son of Dracula.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

Cheever Cowdin and The Son of Dracula | Faithful Readers

Yeah, gotta admit she did a  have a rather enticing look about her alright...

26bdb0a2c5e062f83920e7b8f3c6616e.jpg

(...but evidently not much taste in hats) ;)

• Haha 1