Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

on svengoolie tonite

On 11/20/2020 at 7:58 AM, Swithin said:

(Svengoolie needs to expand his library.)

I imagine all production has shut down the past 9 months. 

There's not much new in these Universal titles for the classic film fan who has seen these ad nauseam.

What would really work for me is if Svengoolie started showing horror films of the 70's/80's/90's. These are "old" now (same as the Universal classics were "old" to us in the 60's) and there are so many good/bad/ugly films I've never seen.

Syracuse has a 35mm horror festival every year* where I've seen several excellent 80's/90's sci fi/horror movies for the first time like POPCORN, FRIGHT NIGHT, TREMORS, etc. all perfect Sven fare. Bet they don't have the budget for it. But their parent company must have something worthwhile available.

*This year they held it at a Drive In Halloween weekend!

16 minutes ago, TikiSoo said:

I imagine all production has shut down the past 9 months. 

There's not much new in these Universal titles for the classic film fan who has seen these ad nauseam.

What would really work for me is if Svengoolie started showing horror films of the 70's/80's/90's. These are "old" now (same as the Universal classics were "old" to us in the 60's) and there are so many good/bad/ugly films I've never seen.

Syracuse has a 35mm horror festival every year* where I've seen several excellent 80's/90's sci fi/horror movies for the first time like POPCORN, FRIGHT NIGHT, TREMORS, etc. all perfect Sven fare. Bet they don't have the budget for it. But their parent company must have something worthwhile available.

*This year they held it at a Drive In Halloween weekend!

Sven has been filming during the pandemic, since he's made reference to it. It's just a question of getting some new (old) films. 

Some excellent horror films were made in the period you mention, though many of them were unsatisfying, in that they were made with hopes of sequels, and so didn't provide decent endings.  I would like to see a mini-series of Day-George horror films; as well as Mary Woronov's film.

There's still a lot of early stuff that Sven has never shown, and it can't be expensive to rent. 

Much of the old Shock Theater library hasn't been seen that often:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_Theater

Hasn't Sven shown Tremors? It's been on a lot recently, perhaps on some other show. Not my favorite sort of horror, though.

• Like 2

TREMORS has been shown so frequently on other stations that nobody much might tune in if Sven shows it.  As for tonight.....

Looks like I'm hitting my movie library tonight, IF nothing else SOMEWHERE else doesn't interest me....

Sepiatone

svenstupid could show the Mexican horror flicks that COMMANDER USA once did.

"you can't expect know-how from stupid idiots, nip.

just be glad he's only on once a week."

Commander USA's Groovie Movies - The Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas

On Svengoolie tomorrow, November 28, 2020:

Just to spice it up, there is a theory that there is a gay subtext to this film; or at any rate a character who is depicted as stereotypically gay. I don't remember the details well enough to offer an opinion on that.

thing-poster.jpg