Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

on svengoolie tonite

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I felt embarrassed for Cornel Wilde  for this one.  :huh:

Sepiatone

Used to look for Grayson Hall in this thing.  She was wonderful as Miss Hoffman on Dark Shadows, and even more delightful as the inn keeper in The Gargoyles.

• Thanks 1

about The Undead, watching it last nite on free on demand a big mistake occurred to me. when Quintus is transported back through time he arrives naked and has to garb himself in a knight's armor...but later in the movie he impresses the witch Livia by showing her his wristwatch which somehow made the trip but not his clothes.

an obvious mistake by corman.

20 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

about The Undead, watching it last nite on free on demand a big mistake occurred to me. when Quintus is transported back through time he arrives naked and has to garb himself in a knight's armor...but later in the movie he impresses the witch Livia by showing her his wristwatch which somehow made the trip but not his clothes.

an obvious mistake by corman.

That's not a mistake. It's like the opposite of an MRI. You can take metallic objects with you, when you travel back in time the way Quintus does. You can't take your clothes, though. 

And besides, who are you calling witch? Livia doesn't like that: "No woman, man, or creature like yourself has dared to call her witch..." 

• Haha 1

But so glad the movie has Knott's "shaky man speech" captured forever in the film. That charactor/sketch got him noticed early in his career. He also kept the "Atta Boy Luther!" part of the script in his wallet the rest of his life. 

Most likely I'll be baking or painting while this is on so I can enjoy the music & fabulous performances.

• Like 2

The Edsel. The wool blend salt-and-pepper suit. The elevator. Chicken noodle soup. The score. I still get goosebumps from the organ loft scene. Taro taro sal-o-man. Bon Ami. 

The horribleness. The awfulness. It will never actually be forgotten.

• Haha 1

Luther's mobile news unit. 1958 Edsel Corsair two-door hardtop.

125189_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

(Different sources say different models, but this is close enough.) (This is NOT the one in the movie.)

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Moe Howard said:

The-Ghost-and-Mr.-Chicken-And-They-Used-

The movie is chock FULL of great charactor actors from voice work in radio & animation to 60's sit-coms...those three are:

Lurene Tuttle, Jesslyn Fax & Nydia Westman

220px-Lurene_Tuttle_1947.jpgMV5BZWMxZDA1ZWEtYzU2Ny00Yzc5LThmYzktNGM4220px-Nydia_Westman.jpg

Jesslyn Fax was erroneously reported to be Alfred Hitchcock in drag in one of his quick movie cameos.

Taro, caro, sal-o-mon Reta Shaw being my favorite:

459eccd9d2ea256e218ebc1fa6b64826.jpg

I do think all the incredible support by the various charactor actors (except awful Dick Sargent) really help elevate this to a movie adults can enjoy as much as kids.

The organ music scared me to the core as a kid, even knowing Luther ended up OK. and still does. Even Vic Mizzy's kooky, quirky sound track is a brilliant support in this movie. 

OK, so I watched it again. I paid a lot of attention to Knott's performance, every nuance of his eyes & body movement-and found him truly amazing- mastering  his speech, eye movements, facial expressions all while convincingly shaking. And I just loved Joan Staley's suit dress in the trial scenes.  She was really a blonde:

th?id=OIP.lZdQPIxQuicMxVXLzYXj9gAAAA&pid

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, TikiSoo said:

And I just loved Joan Staley's suit dress in the trial scenes.  She was really a blonde:

Loved her print. She got it at Hefners!

2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

Reta Shaw is hilarious when she whacks Luther with her pocketbook outside the simmons place.

:)

Everyone involved was just a pro.  Nobody missed. And the script is wall to wall gags. I showed this to my son when he was a teenager and he responded to it like it was fresh and new. It really holds up. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

The movie is chock FULL of great charactor actors from voice work in radio & animation to 60's sit-coms...those three are:

Lurene Tuttle, Jesslyn Fax & Nydia Westman

220px-Lurene_Tuttle_1947.jpgMV5BZWMxZDA1ZWEtYzU2Ny00Yzc5LThmYzktNGM4220px-Nydia_Westman.jpg

Jesslyn Fax was erroneously reported to be Alfred Hitchcock in drag in one of his quick movie cameos.

Taro, caro, sal-o-mon Reta Shaw being my favorite:

I do think all the incredible support by the various charactor actors (except awful Dick Sargent) really help elevate this to a movie adults can enjoy as much as kids.

The organ music scared me to the core as a kid, even knowing Luther ended up OK. and still does. Even Vic Mizzy's kooky, quirky sound track is a brilliant support in this movie. 

OK, so I watched it again. I paid a lot of attention to Knott's performance, every nuance of his eyes & body movement-and found him truly amazing- mastering  his speech, eye movements, facial expressions all while convincingly shaking. And I just loved Joan Staley's suit dress in the trial scenes.  She was really a blonde:

The scriptwriters, Jim Fritzell and Everett Greenbaum, who wrote for "The Andy Griffith Show," knew who they were writing for and must have had each actor's strength in mind.

• Like 1
On 5/1/2021 at 7:41 AM, TikiSoo said:

But so glad the movie has Knott's "shaky man speech" captured forever in the film. That charactor/sketch got him noticed early in his career. He also kept the "Atta Boy Luther!" part of the script in his wallet the rest of his life. 

Most likely I'll be baking or painting while this is on so I can enjoy the music & fabulous performances.

I have the music on CD as well as The Reluctant Astronaut by the great unsung Vic Mizzy.

On 4/30/2021 at 8:43 AM, Swithin said:

the-ghost-and-mr.-chicken.jpg

Remember when professional cameras were that big & heavy? No sneaky photography with that!

On 4/30/2021 at 8:43 AM, Swithin said:

On Svengoolie tomorrow, May 1, 2021:

Not again!

the-ghost-and-mr.-chicken.jpg

Must be around the sixth time. Has rerun season started with Sven?

10 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Must be around the sixth time. Has rerun season started with Sven?

Maybe. An old friend returns this coming Saturday:

CbGX.gif

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Swithin said:

Maybe. An old friend returns this coming Saturday:

CbGX.gif

OH, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!