Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help finding this movie title...

universeunicorn

Hi, everyone! I made an account specifically to ask about this. It's been bugging me for some months now! I watched this movie on TCM years ago and I'd really like to see it again, but I can't remember the title (obviously.) The plot centers around this girl in an all girl's boarding school. It's black and white, and I'm thinking maybe 40's-50's. She wants to find her birth mother (maybe she's adopted, maybe she's an orphan.) She does find her, but her mother loves in a bad part of town (I think?) And that's really all I can recall. I know you guys can help. :) Thanks, in advance!

Hi, everyone! I made an account specifically to ask about this. It's been bugging me for some months now! I watched this movie on TCM years ago and I'd really like to see it again, but I can't remember the title (obviously.) The plot centers around this girl in an all girl's boarding school. It's black and white, and I'm thinking maybe 40's-50's. She wants to find her birth mother (maybe she's adopted, maybe she's an orphan.) She does find her, but her mother loves in a bad part of town (I think?) And that's really all I can recall. I know you guys can help. :) Thanks, in advance!

There's a movie starring Ann Blyth that has a similar plot, Our Very Own but she's not in boarding school. She finds out she's adopted and goes to see her birth mother, played by Ann Dvorak, who lives on the wrong side of town. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

@HelenBaby2 I just looked into it, and that's not it. Thanks, though! Also, do you know if there's a list somewhere of all movies ever shown on TCM?

There's another poster here MovieCollectorOH (I think that's who compiled it) who has posted a spread sheet with a lot of that info but I'm not exactly sure where.

There's another poster here MovieCollectorOH (I think that's who compiled it) who has posted a spread sheet with a lot of that info but I'm not exactly sure where.

That's me.  Just click on my signature link, then scroll down to TCM Schedule Summary link.  There you can see a list of what has been scheduled over a period of 15+ years.

P.S. I'll have a look and get back if I find anything.

• Like 1

That's me.  Just click on my signature link, then scroll down to TCM Schedule Summary link.  There you can see a list of what has been scheduled over a period of 15+ years.

P.S. I'll have a look and get back if I find anything.

Oh my goodness, yes, thank you! I appreciate this so much. Lol I've been looking for old schedules forever, honestly. That must have taken a lot of work to put together.

Oh my goodness, yes, thank you! I appreciate this so much. Lol I've been looking for old schedules forever, honestly. That must have taken a lot of work to put together.

Already familiar with this kind of thing, I took about 5 months of random free time to do the initial build and make revisions until I was happy.  That included adding some tables from IMDB, finding and adding the old TCM schedules, matching to IMDB (including doing research on a small percentage and matching that by hand), and of course some unique design work to bring it all together.  That's the simple explanation.

I now spend a few hours a month max, mostly to update the month ending and next three months.  Then regenerate and upload all the tables and data.  I have it to the point where it is efficient enough for me that it isn't too much of a burden to maintain.

• Like 1