Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mr. Mxyzptlk Day

CaveGirl

I'm shocked that TCM has never had a day honoring this great Superman villain.

Anyone like to add their name to a list requesting such a day?

Please sign below:

The film producers has yet to bring him, Bizarro and Brainiac (original 1960's concept) to life.  Hopefully in future "Man of Steel" films.

op4505.jpg

LpWbF.jpg

• Like 1

I have to admit I was unfamiliar with this character. However after doing a little online research, I did find that this rather odd lookin' little dude DOES seem to have one hot lookin' girlfriend sportin' a Veronica Lake hairstyle and named Ms. Gsptisnz...

Gizbie.gif

(...and so, lemme guess here...just like Jessica Rabbit's explanation as to why she found Roger so irresistible, this Mr. Mxyzptik dude makes this OTHER sexy redheaded cartoon character laugh a lot too, RIGHT?!) 

• Like 1

I have to admit I was unfamiliar with this character. However after doing a little online research, I did find that this rather odd lookin' little dude DOES seem to have one hot lookin' girlfriend sportin' a Veronica Lake hairstyle and named Ms. Gsptisnz...

Gizbie.gif

(...and so, lemme guess here...just like Jessica Rabbit's explanation as to why she found Roger so irresistible, this Mr. Mxyzptik dude makes this OTHER sexy redheaded cartoon character laugh a lot too, RIGHT?!) 

Back in the 1960's, she looked like his fraternal twin sister - quite ugly.  A constant nagger, the reason he leaves to 5th dimension, to find solace.  But looking like an animated super model?  NO WAY!  Sorry I can't find a photo on the internet.

Say-----

Wasn't he a cousin of Li'l Abner's JOE BTFSPLK?  :D

Sepiatone

Yeah, I think he was, Sepia! And I think they're both of either Polish or maybe Czech lineage.

(...btw...did you know in both Poland and the Czech Republic, no contestant in the history of their versions of "Wheel of Fortune" ever asked if they could buy a vowel?...nope, they don't need 'em over there, evidently)

• Like 3

Yeah, I think he was, Sepia! And I think they're both of either Polish or maybe Czech lineage.

(...btw...did you know in both Poland and the Czech Republic, no contestant in the history of their versions of "Wheel of Fortune" ever asked if they could buy a vowel?...nope, they don't need 'em over there, evidently)

Being Polish as well, I'd have to concur!  :)

Sepiatone

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out Mr.Mxyzptlk appeared a couple of times in the 1990's "Superboy" TV series.  Never watched it, what I've seen on Youtube  - happy I didn't!  SFX's are stupid well as the plot. :angry:

(no wonder it was short lived)

Played by Michael J. Pollard

xppsfc.jpg

• Like 1