Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For the last several months I've been seeing routine pixelization on TCM. A frame will seem to freeze, and the frame will break up into little tiny squares, which then spasm a second or two and then straighten themselves out. Either that or a single frame will freeze, the sound continues for a few minutes, while the picture remains frozen on that frame, then suddenly the film rights itself and continues where it left off. This happens on both my sets, an analog set and an HDTV set.

Is this coming from TCM or my cable operator?

Cable or satellite? I'm on DISH, and for the last several months, when I switch channels, the picture seems to do that occasionally, on just about any channel though. Once the picture rights itself, no more problems. I figured it was about time for a new receiver until I read your post.

Hello - this sounds like a carrier problem, either on the cable operator or satellite provider side. FYI - TCM transmits its signal to cable and satellite operators who then send the signal to your receiver or TV set - we verify our signal regularly and it very rarely has any transmission errors. In almost all cases, if you see a bad picture, it is with your cable or satellite provider's transmission to your receiver.

We recommend contacting them for these problems. But we will also try to help you. Please read the 'audio or synch problems' announcement in this forum for instructions on how to send us an email with some basic info on your cable/satellite operator and we will try to follow-up with the provider as well. Thank you.

TCM web

Yeah, I was pretty sure the problem was at my end, just thought I would ask the other poster if they were on DISH also. As long as I don't switch channels too much and it doesn't rain, no problems with the picture. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Check your signal strength for each channel you like to watch on a regular basis to see if it is constantly at the same high level. A tree that has grown a few feet into the path of the signal can cause trouble and sun spots can do the same.