Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Horror Film Alert!

CaveGirl

TCM is showing a very atmospheric and well made horror film tonight in:

4:15 AM DEVIL'S BRIDE, THE (1968)

Small town Satanists lure an innocent brother and sister into their coven.

DirTerence Fisher Cast:  Christopher Lee , Charles Gray , Nike Arrighi .

C-96 mins, CC, Letterbox Format

In this film, Christopher Lee is on the side of the non-satanic for a change. With Charles Gray lurking around one knows it will be a winner.

I own it, but in its alternate title of "The Devil Rides Out".

I believe Richard Matheson contributed to the screenplay from the book by Dennis Wheatley, and directed by Terence Fisher.

Enjoy!

• Like 4

I enjoy it, as well. Some critics have called it the best Hammer film, but I don't know if I'd go that far. Christopher Lee also named it as his favorite film he did for them (yes, even over all the Draculas).

I found it best viewed tongue-in-cheek, and it's a lot of fun.

Recommended x 3!

• Like 2

I enjoy it, as well. Some critics have called it the best Hammer film, but I don't know if I'd go that far. Christopher Lee also named it as his favorite film he did for them (yes, even over all the Draculas).

I found it best viewed tongue-in-cheek.

Hey Lawrence, doncha think that part of the reason this Hammer film is so good, is the performance of Charles Gray?

I mean, the guy is just so diabolic, with the icy demeanor of a Nazi and the aristocratic attitude of a Marquis de Sade type villain.

I mean, I love Christopher Lee in anything, and adding Gray to the mix just makes it super fantastic. Plus I really dig that pentagram on the floor in the upstairs room. Great decorating idea!

• Like 1

i saw the film on a big screen in 1969 part of a double bill i agree with Mr Lee it is the best Hammer film,it was very scary then, many years went by before i saw it again.The triangle scenes were very good and scary.

• Like 2

FYI 'Devil's Bride' airs late SAT. night on Underground, after premiere of THE CHURCH.

Yeah, thanks Mr6666, you know how TCM keeps things after midnight on one night, like Saturday, to be on the same day schedule instead of saying it is on at 2:00am, early morning on Sunday.

Also the two intervening shorts between your film and my devil film are the following ones, with the latter one being a good instructional for all TCM posters.

3:45 AM ONE GOT FAT (1963)

Children wearing monkey masks pay the price for bad bicycle safety habits in this instructional short.

DirDale Jennings Cast:  Diane Chambers , Charles Hagens , Colleen Hutto .

C-15 mins,

3:45 AM HOLIDAY FROM RULES? (1959)

In this educational short film, a group of young children understand why rules are important.

DirWilliam H. Murray

C-11 mins,

• Like 2

gotta catch ONE GOT FAT ('63)

-missed it last time, & remember some comments on how weird it was.... :D

onegotfat.jpg

Golly gosh, I did not miss it last time and thought it looked like it should have been called "I Was a Teenager from the Planet of the Apes". Pretty hysterical particularly when they all ride their bikes.