Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Famous lines from movies

Older and classic. The speaker was not one of the "major" stars, but got special billing in the credits.

BTW, I spent a day in the hospital for observation for back/chest pain and missed the furor caused by RR editing out all of his posts. I did suspect something when I saw all of the last poster names on the forum home page when I logged in and his posts were not at the top of the thread.

CharlieT

Nope, not that one either. It was filmed during the film noir period, but is not considered that genre. It is a genre movie, though. And not a genre listed at the forum home. Confusing? :0

Clue: It was filmed in black and white, but was colorized (much to the dismay of purists.)

CharlieT

Yes, it is the right movie. The genre was holiday movies. The cultural change was the way people celebrated the holiday. To many people of the era, Christmas wasn't much more than every other day of the year. Dickens changed all of that with his depiction of the celebration of Christmas in his novel.

As I stated, it wasn't one of the stars of the film, but he was given special recognition in the credits. Present at the speaking of the line were Scrooge (Alistair Sim) and Marley (Michael Hordern) and 4 other members of the board. One spoke this line to the accusations of the other 3.

We won't let this drag out too long, but I'll give you an opportunity to see if you can come up with either the character's name or the actor who played him.

CharlieT

It is the 1951 version and the speaker of the line was Mr. Jorkin who hires Scrooge away from Fezziwig, then later leads his company into near bankruptcy which prompts the board meeting where he is accused of embezzling the company funds. His answer to the board is the line quoted. Mr. Jorkin was played "By Special Arrangement", according to the credits, by Jack Warner. As a result of Mr. Jorkin's indiscretions, Scrooge and Marley are able to take control of the company and there starts the business that is the kernel of the story.

I guess you win, Sandy. Sorry, LouBMone, maybe you can get Sandy's.

CharlieT

Ok, this should be an easy one.

"Personally, I think I have too much bloom."

BTW, there several deleted posts on this thread from TMN on several of the pages. I went to the first page and then quickly scrolled down EACH page to get the little orange dot (unread messages) to disappear. Just FYI for anyone.

Sandy K