Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Famous lines from movies

Probably another easy one, but it's the first one that comes to mind, since I saw it for the umpteenth time the other day:

"Here she comes again.

How do you know it's a "she"?

Her mouth is open."

And please, no accusations of misogyny!

I knew it would be too easy but I just think the movie is great and the script was incredible. I did not care for the Judy Garland version. I did see Barbra's version. I think it was so different from the original so I kind of liked it in a way. I have this odd fondness of Kristoferson as well as I almost married a musician so I think that is the connection.

> Must be a chick thing.??

> I feel emasculated, Brad! Pat is short for Patrick,

> not Patricia. :-)

OMG, I can't believe I've done it again! I did the same thing to GarboManiac when I first came on the board, I told him he must have a crush on Cary Grant, assuming he was female! This is Brad, removing foot from mouth...............lol.

Please accept my apology :-)

As Senor Wences' Pedro said, "s all right". No need to apologize, I was joshing. It is a chick movie, but as I entered middle age, my gruff, crusty exterior softened a tad, and I now enjoy family films, (some) chick flicks, Judy Garland, and musicals (gasp!). But I love Leslie Caron!

Pat(rick) ;-)

I love that movie. You know I sorta moved in on this group without saying hello so I apologize. Please forgive me for barging in. Hello to all of you, you all seem like your having a lot of fun in the process. My famous line may or may not be an easy one, we'll see. What movie did the line "and I got a permanent just for the occasion" and who said it?

My question will follow, I would like to take a minute to share with everyone a gift my Dad gave me a few years back. I have a beautiful silver bracelet with a charm that has my most favorite quote ever.

"Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels."

I get more compliments on it and will treasure it for life. My dad just gets my whole feeling for the classics.

Ok, now for the question:

Who said and in what movie

"Well, can you lay an egg? "

patful, I cannot stump you tonight! I am on a Shirley kick anyway. I am having to watch most of her movies because I am making decisions on which ones my 4-year old is ready for. Unfortunately most involve the death of a parent and we are not quite ready. She has a wonderful sense of God and Heaven, that people go there, animals (sorry, I believe this), but I think the idea of Mom and Dad dying is still a little soon. My mother has passed. She loves to look at pictures of her and she calls her very own angel. My dad's new wife was there when she was delivered and is a wonderful grandmother. She has said she will help me when we think the time is right.

Sorry, I am rambling...I always miss my mom when fall begins and Halloween is around the corner. We always has the big bonfires and parties at our house and my mom dressed up. She was one of a kind!

SusannO (proud daughter of Betty Ann!)