Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Famous lines from movies

Absolutely right.

I just saw it for the first time last month. This may be one of the few films that I really "love". I love it more for its simple scenes than for the action(though I love action and war movies). I love the rapport between Duke and Maureen. I love all the music. I lose it when they serenade Maureen. Claude Jarman Jr as their son is good too. I love the scene where they're singing around the campfire(ah ha San Antone :-)) This movie just "does it" for me in every way. I've seen McLintock! and The Quiet Man, can't wait to see the other two they made.

Anyway, I could go on and on, but I'd better let you have your turn Susann :-)

I was home yesterday with a (of all things) SORE THROAT! Hey Doc, why did we take out the tonsils????

Anyway, watched "Twelve O'clock High" which put me in the mood to watch "In Harm's Way" This is one of my favorite Wayne movies with a bonus. Everyone else in the movie!!

Down to business:

What movie and who said it....

"Why can't you make me feel like a woman instead of a piece of merchandise!"

> Anyway, watched "Twelve O'clock High" which put me in

> the mood to watch "In Harm's Way" This is one of my

> favorite Wayne movies with a bonus. Everyone else in

> the movie!!

I liked In Harms Way too. A little soapish, but engrossing. Definitely a lot of stars in that one! Loved the scene with Duke and Patricia Neal where she slipped off her shoes and you just KNEW they were about to get it on. That's all you needed to see. Won't see that kind of subtlety in today's films.

Brad

"In Harm's Way " was Otto Preminger's last decent film. Mr Preminger was not know for his subtlety, especially when I came to sex. But he was no where near where films are today. His " Anatomy of a Murder " was considered naughty in its day. It is really very tame, but certainly Lee Remick was very hot..

That's all you needed to see.

> Won't see that kind of subtlety in today's films.

No we won't and it is sad because I find scenes like this and so many others to be so sexy. I am certainly not a prude (at all!), but I remember when I began watching classics and did not know about "pre-code". I remember seeing Garbo and Gilbert in "Flesh and the Devil." Wow, I was thinking somebody was asleep in editing to let this movie be shown! Not that I am complaining (thank you Mr. Gilbert for many a good night's DREAM!)

:)

Here are some more lines, if anyone wants to play. Tried to put them in order from easy to hard:

1. "You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns."

2. "The time to make up your mind about people is never."

3. "I don't see why I have to do all the dirty work. There must be plenty of rich old dames waiting for you to push them around."

4. "For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like."

5. "Why don't you get out of that wet coat and into a dry martini?"

6. "You need sulfur. Eggs have sulfur."

No cheating, now!

Yes! # 5 solved by moirafinne6.

The still unsolved quotes from my list are:

2. "The time to make up your mind about people is never."

3. "I don't see why I have to do all the dirty work. There must be plenty of rich old dames waiting for you to push them around."

4. "For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like."

Hurray! #2 solved by Inglis. (Speaker: K. Hepburn.)

The rest are:

Clues to follow if nobody guesses. (Especially to #6, which is impossible.)

No, but HINT: Your answer would have been closer if aimed at #3, not #6.

More HINTS:

3. Another quote from the same movie: "You're certainly a funny girl for anybody to meet who's just been up the Amazon for a year."

4. Another quote from the same movie: "P-E-T-R-I-F-I-C-A-T-I-O-N. Petrification! I do not intend to devote my prime to petrification."

6. Another quote from the same movie: "You know something George? I think we're dead."

6. Yes! CharlieT is correct: Topper is the move. Now, who said the original quote: ?You need sulfur. Eggs have sulfur.?? (CLUE: Who in the movie made a career out of playing flighty society matrons?)

4. CLUE: The movie was made in the late 1960?s and is set mostly within a school in Scotland.

3. Close! The movie is not Double Indemnity or Ball of Fire, but both have something major in common with the mystery film. (Another CLUE: ?You see Hopsie, you don't know very much about girls. The best ones aren't as good as you think they are and the bad ones aren't as bad. Not nearly as bad.?)