• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Famous lines from movies

> don't you have some where else to go ...like go

> outside and play in traffic . Where have I heard this

> stuff before ? is that a line from Rocky I mean Rocky

> Horror picture show

LOL inglis! I used to say that to my sister when we were much younger.. ...but the line is ............"Besides we Southern Boys have to stick together don't we?" Also "Vengence is mine ..said the Lord" These clues were was said during an "interview". Thanks for the laugh! By the way, I saw Rocky Horror Picture Show on a rainy Friday night in November 1988 and still have the shakes as a result of watching it.....what a "Freak Show" it was! ;)

Aftermath

>

> Ok but I think you'll get it once I give you another

> line from the "interveiw"....."Vengence is mine said

> the Lord". By the way we Dudes (Brad and I ) know he

> is a "Chowderhead" and I even though he stole it from

> me know I'm a "Snapperhead". So jdb1 do not be a

> "Yenta" and stay out of it! :)

Let's get a few things straight:

First, we have had some really nasty experiences in the last few months with posters who got more than a little carried away with their self-perceived clever responses, and turned into raging, foul-worded, threatening trolls who alientated some of our more gentle souls to go away and not come back, and were eventually forced off the board themselves by more reasonable posters. We who were left agreed that we would not allow anyone to get so wrapped up in name-calling and insisting on being right all the time, that they forgot the purpose of this website - a civil exchange of opinions and ideas.

Second, we don't know each other personally in most cases, and we don't know who is sitting in front of their screens looking for an opportunity to be nasty and to hurt feelings under cover of anonymity. The TCM board is not the place for that kind of behavior. This isn't the Bill O'Reilly Show, nor is it open-mike night at some fifth-rate comedy club. Humor is always welcome here - personal insults are not. If you are a sock-puppet of an already disgraced poster, you won't be humored here again. Everyone is wary of who they respond to now.

Lastly, if you must engage in one-on-one games of "Who's Got the Biggest," and want to carry on in the tradition of the He-Man Woman Hater's Club, the private message feature would be the best place for it. These threads are for everyone's participation, not just yours. I think you will find that most of our regular poster colleagues here will tell you the same.

You got it all wrong ...Brad will be the first to admit we are just kidding each other. We are pals and I don't do this type of thing to anyone else on board. Please understand we are BOTH having a little fun. If you don't believe me go to the Top 5 Christmas thread and read that Bradtexasranger called me a "Snapperhead" I didn't get offended neither did he when I call him "Chowderhead" and "Rockhead'. Why don't you verify this by sending him a Personal Message I didn't dare direct any comments like that to you or anyother boardmember. It's just a little banter between Brad and I! Sorry!

And the answer to the line with the clue during the interveiw "Vengence is Mine" & "We Southern Boys have to stick together don't we?", was said by Lee Marvin to Telly Savalas in "The Dirty Dozen" when he was going from cell to cell intervewing the prisoners. Talk about trying to read between the lines. If you don't believe me watch the movie!

Also being from Brooklyn the term "Yenta" is common and in hindsight I guess you didn't take it to be funny, and I apologize! Plus as I look back I had a happy/smiling face after I called you that.............. Now some one else go cause.. I'm too disgusted that I had to give the answer to a perfect question because of someone's "GrandStanding" To make me look Bad". Thank's alot! Some one else get a complaint by a poster.. Whatever you do don't use "Snow White" because someone will disagree that Snow White should not have slept in the same house with seven men who were strangers. Because "Hundreds will be reading this filth".

Aftermath

yes I agree with jdb1,just from past experiences I have seen harmless banter turn into nasty stuff ,we don't want that . Lots of us got together and we now have a mutual feeling of trying to keep these boards positive . I saw my thread turn into something really ugly a few months back and I can see a patteren of behavior starting here,so let's curb it okay. Aftermath you are fairly new here so take some advice from this lovely lady and trust me there are lots of people who are watching and looking to see whats going on and not just on this thread . Now have fun Inglis

This is my first chance to get on here today. Let me just verify what Aftermath said is true, we are just kidding around with each other and we take what the other says with a grain of salt. I think you guys need to lighten up a bit, it will be a sad day when people can't kid around with each other without someone getting bent out of shape. That's true in life in general, not just here on this board Life is just too short to be that sensitive. So please don't try to "police" the two of us, I think we're old enough to know if we've crossed a line.

Thank you Brad for coming to my rescue! What we have is what you call "Male Bonding". You were like the calvary coming to my rescue with "Wild Indians" with "'Wild Accusations'" abundant. When I first came on this message board that sad day on September 25, 2006, I didn't know I was walking into a "Lions Den" filled with paranoia and people full of hate. I just came on to have fun and talk about my opinions of movies. I've even been accused of being some other people who I don't even know by some nimcompoop. Boy was I wrong ..instead I've found lies, paranoia; accusations and people who are so off base that it is pathetic. I don't know what their problem is and I really don't care. It's their problem and let them deal with it, I'm out of it! I realize now like in life there are many personalities, the one's who are congenial and the ones's who have a hair trigger and the ones just itching for a fight. Well now I know which ones to avoid because I don't want to fall into a trap that they spring at you like a bobcat at every chance they get. Brad I will continue to write to you, despite the critical unnecessary comment made by ill informed tunnel vision posters. They will have to deal with that, not me! I respect you Brad and I will always come to your defense when some paranoid out of line poster bad mouths you without just cause. Loyalty goes hand in hand with friendship and I consider you my best friend on the message board , despite what others might erroneously and pathetically think. Oh By the way you are still a "Chowderhead! :);)

Aftermath

> yes I agree with jdb1,just from past experiences I

> have seen harmless banter turn into nasty stuff ,we

> don't want that . Lots of us got together and we now

> have a mutual feeling of trying to keep these boards

> positive . I saw my thread turn into something

> really ugly a few months back and I can see a

> patteren of behavior starting here,so let's curb it

> okay. Aftermath you are fairly new here so take some

> advice from this lovely lady and trust me there are

> lots of people who are watching and looking to see

> whats going on and not just on this thread . Now have

> fun Inglis

You have no idea of the circumstances nor the insight that was intended. I suggest your read Bradtexasrangers reply than think before you express an off the wall opinion, without knowing the facts. The people you are referring to who "ruined" your thread I do not know nor do I care to know. Think before you speak it's just that simple. Also gather all the facts before you express an opinion that is the mature thing to do!. Now YOU have fun!

Aftermath

> Lastly, if you must engage in one-on-one games of

> "Who's Got the Biggest," and want to carry on in the

> tradition of the He-Man Woman Hater's Club, the

> private message feature would be the best place for

> it. These threads are for everyone's participation,

> not just yours. I think you will find that most of

> our regular poster colleagues here will tell you the

> same.

I defy you, no I BEG you to quote me one instance since I've been on board starting September 25, 2006, that includes me in the above malicious statement. I have a wonderful wife and a beautiful 14 year old daughter. I will be the first to defend woman's right for equal pay...job position...and respect due them as they are equal to any man. Look before you Leap into a statement that is way off base it's pathetic. How dare you! You just crossed over the line with me!

AFTERMATH

Nice guess, aftermath! But no.

The line is:

"How can you think of musicals at a time like this, with the world committing suicide?"

Who said that, and in what film?

Seriously, I thought that this was one line that was familiar to ALL lovers of Golden Age films. I expect the correct answer will come in today.

Dan N.

http://dan-navarros-blog.blogspot.com