> Lastly, if you must engage in one-on-one games of

> "Who's Got the Biggest," and want to carry on in the

> tradition of the He-Man Woman Hater's Club, the

> private message feature would be the best place for

> it. These threads are for everyone's participation,

> not just yours. I think you will find that most of

> our regular poster colleagues here will tell you the

> same.

Did I read this right? Was I called a member of "The He-Man Womans Hater Club"? And Brad do you or I have "The Biggest"? Please reply because people are eagerly awaiting your answer "Chowderhead". As an afterthought from aftermath thanks "Sneaky Snarfie" for providing me with a vehicle on the "Rant Thread" that will prove I was only defending myself from a "Name Caller". Big mistake Mr.Troll!

Aftermath

Message was edited by:

aftermath

And Brad do you or I have

> "The Biggest"? Please reply because people are

> eagerly awaiting your answer "Chowderhead".

I don't think you want to enter that contest. I wouldn't want to embarass you Snapper :-)

Uh oh, am I engaging in a one-on-one game of women bashing comtempt? :-)

Message was edited by:

bradtexasranger

Since Kinston has yet to return and if I maybe so Bold.....

>Hanging is such an unpleasant death. Besides, a hanged man always dies alone. I much prefer dying in the company of decent citizens like you... always provided I'm the last to die.

Who said it and in what film?????

vallo

This sounds familiar. I'm going to guess it's from Madame X. Did John Van Dreelen say it to Lana?

Stooge wrote:

"This sounds familiar. I'm going to guess it's from Madame X. Did John Van Dreelen say it to Lana?"

No, he didn't... but why waste a guess? MADAME X, starring Lana Turner and John Forsythe (with John Van Dreelen in a supporting role), was made in 1966. And if you recall, I just told the previous poster that, in guessing THE PALEFACE, he was at least "in the right decade."

Nice try, though. The quote sounds like something the Van Dreelen character might have said.

Dan N.

http://dan-navarros-blog.blogspot.com

LueBMone wrote:

"This is one year off the decade. How about Only Angels Have Wings? Jean Arthur talking to Cary Grant."

Nope, afraid not. The IMDb "memorable quotes" for that film does contain a similar exchange between Jean Arthur and Cary Grant:

"I'm hard to get, Geoff. All you have to do is ask me."

And it's in the wrong decade. Nice guess, though.

Dan N.

http://www.silentfilmguide.com

Nope, not Bob Hope and not Paulette Goddard.

This trivia question is getting kind of old, so... allow me to repeat it for you, here.

Who said this:

"Hold me in your arms for 30 days. If nobody claims me, I'm yours."

Who said that, to whom, and in what movie?

I was sure this line would "click" with at least one of you right away, but I guess not. Anyway, we now know that the movie in question was released in the 1940s, and that the quote is spoken (not sung) during a musical number.

Whodunnit?

Dan N.

okay Dan I am going to take a guess was it Broadway Musical of 1940 and was it Fred Astaire and Eleanor Powell?

iglis wrote:

"okay Dan I am going to take a guess was it Broadway Musical of 1940 and was it Fred Astaire and Eleanor Powell?"

Nope. Sorry, Carol. Johnny Brett (Astaire's character in THE BROADWAY MELODY OF 1940) was much too shy to say anything like that to Clare Bennett (Eleanor Powell). It would have been out of character for him.

However... if it's any consolation, you are now in the right decade...AND the right studio!

Dan N.