Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Famous lines from movies

CUT! I would like to say something off topic. HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone! I know someone must have said that line in some classic movie at one time or another. If anyone comes up with a film and who said the line please let us know but for now...back to the question at hand.

It's now been more than a week since I posted the original question. It read:

"Who said this:

"Hold me in your arms for 30 days. If nobody claims me, I'm yours."

Who said that, to whom, and in what movie?"

At first, I thought surely everyone would recognize the line -- or at least the STYLE -- from the late, great Jimmy (Schnozzola) Durante.

Anyway, he used that line -- jokingly, of course -- while pretending to woo the young and beautiful Kathryn Grayson. The film is TWO SISTERS FROM BOSTON (1946).

Cheers,

Dan N.

http://www.silentfilmguide.com

This one is kind of a long speech, which ought to make it easy for you.

"Wal, if it ain't ol' Massa Fred, back after all these years. Is the burial private? Or didn't you bring the body back with you? You don't look a day older than when you went away. We just loved your postcards."

Who said that, to whom, and in what movie?

Dan N.

http://dan-navarros-blog.blogspot.com

Hi... I posted this question a couple days ago. Did anyone see it? Maybe not.

Here it is again:

Who said this:

"Wal, if it ain't ol' Massa Fred, back after all these years. Is the burial private? Or didn't you bring the body back with you? You don't look a day older than when you went away. We just loved your postcards."

Who said that, to whom, and in what movie?

It's a well-known movie, with well-known stars. And if you watch TCM regularly, this one should be familiar to you.

Dan N.

http://dan-navarros-blog.blogspot.com

Hi Carol... Good to hear from you again. Hey, it's good to hear from ANYBODY on this thread! You're right, no one seems interested in tackling the question.

For your info: The following line,

was spoken -- sarcastically -- by the Jean Harlow character to the Clark Gable character, in RED DUST (1932).

Carol: Why don't YOU post a new line for us?

Dan N.

Here's one I haven't seen quoted:

"He produced all her pictures, until the talkies came in. She couldn't speak English, being from Texas. Her first talkie was a flop, so he dropped her."

Who said that, to whom, and in what film?

Dan N.

Hey Dan! I love that movie Red Dust I never would have gotten that one, anyway you keep those questions coming as it is good to be challanged on here and I love a challange plus your questions are different and I sometimes am stuck for questions. Take care ,Carol

"He produced all her pictures, until the talkies came in. She couldn't speak English, being from Texas. Her first talkie was a flop, so he dropped her."

I'm going to suggest one I haven't seen (yet) - The Aviator - someone talking about Howard Hughes (and....?).

"I'm going to suggest one I haven't seen (yet) - The Aviator - someone talking about Howard Hughes (and....?)."

Nope, not Howard Hughes. If it will help, the producer and the actress being discussed are fictional.

Hint: The film was made in the late 1950s.

Dan N.

Nope, not SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS ()1957).

Dan N.

You guys are trying too hard -- bless you for that -- but you're thinking in the wrong genre. The film in question is a comedy. Yes, the line spokien is meant as a joke -- imagine, a silent screen actress having her career ruined by the talkies because all she talked was "Texas!"

But since you know now that both the producer and the star are ficional, you can relax about anyone actually fitting into that mold.

What is the name of the movie?

Here's another hint: The line is spoken (in this late-1950s movie) by my all-time favorite pre-code actress!

Dan N.

"Joan Blondell in Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051196/"

Who are you? CIA? FBI? KGB?

Man, I cannot believe that you got that correct answer with so few hints! Oh, wait... oops, you are Bill McCrary, so OF COURSE you know the answer. And man! I was hoping this guessing game would go on till Christmas!

Bill is right, folks... and now, Bill is up at bat!

Dan N.

Who are you? CIA? FBI? KGB?

Man, I cannot believe that you got that correct answer with so few hints!

Well, it DID take me three-four days and one wrong guess; but it was the "favorite actress" part that did it. Saw your comments elsewhere on JB and went from there; only one from the late 'fifties (in IMDB) that made any sense - and none at all until I looked at Joan's movies.

I relinquish my turn (once again). But one of these days......

Hey, come on you holiday wanderers!

I posted this "famous lines" question on December 25... you know: Christmas? Now it's almost the New Year, and there have been no nibbles yet.

Once again, for those who have been reveling instead of trivia searching, here's the line:

"If you'll take the advice of a very old butler, sir... you should take the next boat train to Paris, and there you shall fall in love with the very first girl you see."

Who said that, and in what movie?

Dan N.