Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Famous lines from movies

Filmlover I see you are busy so I will go ahead and ask another I hope that is okay ! Who said this in what movie "If you say three, mister ,you'll never hear the man count ten" Charlie this is a good one for you if you are out there somewhere

Hi Filmlover thanks i was not wanting to jump in but I know you are busy working as well on the Tcm program challange thanks for your understanding in lettimg me come on again and ask but hey do you know this one LOL Inglis

It was a good one for me. I knew it right away. Unfortunately, I been busier than a flea-picker at at dog ranch. Only 3 hours late.

"Could be worse."

"How could it possibly be worse?"

"Oh, I don't know... could be raining".

CharlieT

So... I believe it's my turn, if Carol agrees.

Who said this, and in what film?

"But I'm not going to have any fun. Well, I'm with you on that, buddy."

Hint: This film was nominated for the Oscar as Best Picture.

Another Hint: If the quote looks disjointed to you, put yourself in the speaker's shoes and ask, "Why would this person be speaking as if there are TWO of them?"

Dan N.

http://www.silentfilmguide.com

> "But I'm not going to have any fun. Well, I'm with

> you on that, buddy."

Could it be Jimmy Stewart in Harvey, perchance?

Good guess, brad! Nice deductive reasoning. But sorry, that isn't the one.

Here's another clue: The first sentence of the quote is a repetition of what the speaker got from another person. So the second sentence is the speaker's own reply.

Cheers,

Dan N.

I wasn't really offering a line in my response. It's just my daughter's and my way of gibing each other. One of us offers the lead line and the other answers. I don't really expect to win any of these challenges, but to butt in every now and then keeps me happy. :)

CharlieT

> I wasn't really offering a line in my response. It's

> just my daughter's and my way of gibing each other.

> One of us offers the lead line and the other answers.

> I don't really expect to win any of these challenges,

> but to butt in every now and then keeps me happy. :)

>

> CharlieT

Your too modest CharlieT, did I get Marty Feldman & Gene Wilder right anyway?

Of course. It's one of my favorites. I grew up waiting up on Friday nights for Chiller Theater to see all of the old B & W Frankenstein movies. They're even more fun to watch now... we can look for all of the reference points for Mel Brooks's spoofs. My daughter and I also like the "walk this way" running gag that Brooks incorporated in nearly all of his satirical send-ups.

The only other movie we exhange dialogue from more than Young Frankenstein is A Christmas Carol. Sad, ain't it?

CharlieT

They're even more fun to watch now... we can look for all of the reference points for Mel Brooks's spoofs.

Mel Brooks' humor always gets me. Last year I got the DVD of his "Silent Movie" (1976), and when I began to play it I was annoyed that my player, or my TV, or something, was not working correctly. There was no sound, not even music. Then, the image on the screen focused on a billboard saying "Twentieth Century-Fox" and instantly the orchestra began playing. Now, I knew it was a silent movie, but I didn't expect it to be THAT silent!

Then, just this year, I DVR-recorded the recent Mel Brooks film "The Producers" (2005), and when Uma Thurman and the chorus boys got together and formed a swastika on stage, I turned to my wife and whispered, "they got that wrong. That swastika is backwards." About one second later, they switched to a long shot and showed the formation in a large mirror... so now, the swastika was exactly the right shape. Brooks always tricks me like that.

Dan N.

Well, I'd still like to know if you guys can answer this "famous lines" trivia:

Another Hint: If the quote looks disjointed to you, put yourself in the speaker's shoes and ask, "Why would this person be speaking as if there are TWO of them?"

Dan N.

No replies yet? Okay, here's another clue: The speaker of the quote, an actor still very popular today, is playing a role that is completely out of character compared to most of his work in films.

Dan N.