Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Famous lines from movies

Hmm.... I wanted to make you something outstanding or make you into something outstanding?

Sounds a little like what Kane said to his wife, but not the same words.

How about Clark Gable talking to Scarlett about the new house he built for her?

Maybe Svengali to Trilby?

Sullivan's Travels?

I know there's a quote like that in there.

malkat, I don't believe I've ever read a post from you before. So either you are a newcomer delurking, or you're one of our Trivia experts using an alias.

Either way, you are right... "Sullivan's Travels" (1941) is correct!

Dan N.

What the . . . what is going on?

*sighs* I hate technology.

While malkat is sorting out the technology problems, maybe I can duck in here with a quick "famous line" from a classic film.

"I can stand anything but failure."

Who said that, and in what movie?

Dan N.

Okay guys... time to quit fooling around. Tomorrow it will be ONE WEEK since I posted this "Famous Lines" question, so here's your final chance to guess the answer.

One last clue: The movie in question didn't win any awards, but its remake did.

"I don't want to seem crude, but I'd like somebody to make up their minds about these remains. He wasn't no midget, remember."

Who said that, and in what movie?

Dan

http://www.silentfilmguide.com

What do I have to do, get down on my knees and plead witcha?

You know -- as I do, and as all Trivia denizens know -- that there are only TWO kinds of BAD trivia questions: Those that can be solved within a short time, and those that are never solved at all.

So, now: Who played the "ambulance attendant" who said the immortal words in my question? Time's nearly up!

I said that a remake of the movie in question won awards. Okay, it won the BIG award!

Got it now?

Dan

Thanks, SueSue. You're right - that was a tough one, and my guess was something of a shot in the dark.

Now, Dan knows I'm not very good at lines from movies, but I'll give it a whirl.

Who said this, and in what film?

"Can you imagine two great armies on the battlefield, no uniforms, completely nude? No way of telling friend from foe, all brothers together."