Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What would you like to see on TCM?

marcncleo

I would love to see Cary Grant's early Paramount films, and the films of Clara Bow, but doubt that'll happen.

I saw that the Fox Movie Channel showed Clara's 1933 CALL HER SAVAGE the other day. Sure wish I had FMC!

I would love to see the uncut version of Rouben Mamoulian's "Love Me Tonight," along with many of the other Paramount classics, such as "The Story of Temple Drake" and "The Stranger's Return"; also Thelma Ritter in "The Mating Season" and "The Model and the Marriage Broker," which were both shown frequently on AMC before the network went to the dogs.

I would like to see the "road" films with Hope/Crosby, and more shorts such as; Laural and Hardy, The Three Stooges etc... Come to think of it, I havn't seen the original "A STAR IS BORN" in years. The thirties version with Frederick March and Janet Gaynor-it is far superior to the fifties version-in my humble opinion.

"the hitchiker" (ida lupino directed), "the iceman cometh" (was the original film with lee marvin?) "leave her to heaven" and "detour". there just isn't enough time. so gentlemen (and ladies) what other movies would you suggest and please NO musicals or comedies. i'm the dark misery type of movie lover (i don't much care for color either). anyone ready to assist?

I would like to see more of "Private Screenings" with host Robert Osborne. There are still many screen stars alive from the golden age of movies that haven't been interviewed yet. Let's get the ball rolling before its to late.

Mongo

The obvious one is Sunrise. Although I now own it on DVD I would love to see others experience this great film. The Birth of a Nation, Orphans of the Storm, Way Down East, He Who Get's Slapped, Street Angel, more Fairbanks, His Glorious Night (Gilbert's disasterous talkie debut). Hell, lets have a silent movie festival!!!

Naturally, more silents, especially from the l900s. The Thanhouser films from the l900s to 1913 are priceless, featuring nostalgic looks at children and animals and featuring phenomenal child performers--long before Shirley Temple. Also, as I've mentioned before, a marathon of Charlie Chan movies, Judy Canova's Republic musical comedies (especially 'Sis Hopkins') and all the available Republic Serials, the Universal Sherlock Holmes series, "flapper movies" with Sally O'Neill, Madge Bellamy, Gertrude Astor and Marion Davies. Clara Bow is always a tremendous favorite. And, how about a series on the Jazz Age's movie Adonises and Venuses--the hottest looking flapper guys and girls! Buddy Clark, Billie Dove, Richard Arlen, Johnny Mack Brown, Barbara LaMarr, the gorgeous George O'Brien ("Sunrise"), Valentino, Pola Negri.

How about a regular mystery feature--and I don't mean "Darkness after Dawn" which concentrates on film noir.

I found the Deanna Durbin movie, "Lady on a Train"(1945) that was shown last week to be very entertaining. I think that this type of light mystery might be enjoyable for others, too. Perhaps it could include some of the classic early Hitchcock work, Rene Clair's mysteries, including "And Then There Were None", The Saint, and Boston **** movies, (the latter series might be available since Turner just announced that they have purchased the rights to a block of Columbia studios pictures.)

• 4 weeks later...

Now that Harold Lloyd has gotten his due, I'd love to see Fatty Arbuckle movies. I've never seen any of them, and it seems unfair that he's so rarely acknowledged, let alone seen.

I hope that TCM gets more foreign films soon, as they've been running the same ones each Friday night for so long now. I'm always ready to see more Italian neo-realist films especially.

Archived