Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
marcncleo

What would you like to see on TCM?

I would love to see "The Damned Don't Cry" starring Joan Crawford. I just love this movie, Film Noirs are among my very favorites in classic movies. To me this is one of her best films........

I agree-loved THE DAMNED DON'T CRY and its hard to find on video-at least at a reasonable price.Other hard to find movies I wish they would show include Payment On Demand(only major Bette Davis film I have not seen),Caged with Eleanor Parker, and Old Acquaintance-which was shown recently but forgot to set my recorder(just kidding FBI -I would never record a program without express written consent of the films owners-really, I'm not lying).

I would LOVE to see Charlie Chaplin's 'The Kid'! TCM doesn't show many of Chaplin's full-length films, although I am looking forward to the special Chaplin day in July.

I would love to see Holiday ( with Cary Grant/Katharine Hepburn) The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer ( Cary Grant & Myrna Loy). I love TCM.. the heck with AMC! LOL.

~Ash

Classicstar181 - Thanks for mentioning "Holiday." This is one of my all time faves. Grant and Hepburn are in top form, and have a great supporting cast, including Lew Ayres, Doris Nolan, Edward Everett Horton, Binnie Barnes, and the great, under-rated Jean Dixon. I couldn't get over that house that they live in on 5th Ave. What a palace! I have loved this one since I was a kid, and I know TCM has shown it, but they can repeat it anytime for me. I wish it would be released on DVD. With the Columbia Classics series that is out, I would think this great film would be included, since it was made by Columbia. It's a timeless film, the likes of which we'll never see again.

I think I posted but i am not sure if it came up or not so i am sorry if I posted this twice ;). I would love to see The Bachelor and The Bobbysoxer ( Cary Grant & Myrna Loy). I would also like to see Holiday ( Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant) and Lover Come Back ( Doris Day) Thanks!!

Ash

Love Me Tonight (1932); One Hour with You (1932); Peter Ibbetson (1935); The Devil is a Woman(1935); The Story of Temple Drake (1933); Girls about Town (1931); Design for Living (1933); Berkeley Square (1933); Zoo in Budapest (1933); Only Yesterday (1933); Hot Saturday (1933); Confessions of a Co-Ed (1931); Never the Twain Shall Meet (1931); and many, many more!!!

I understand that i haven't watched tcm long,(only a year or so) so i don't know how much they play movies with Joan Fontaine in them. But, it doesn't seem like they play a lot (except for Rebecca). I would love to see more of her movies, but tcm is the only way i get a chance to see her films. So, hopefully they'll play more of her than what i've seen. That would be wonderful!

Fearito, I like your list!

DESIGN FOR LIVING did air on TCM a month or two ago, I think. You picked some awesome pre-Codes. I too would like to see TEMPLE DRAKE on the lineup.

How about a Man From UNCLE marathon? A handful of movies were assembled from various TV episodes, including the pilot ("To Trap A Spy?") and a great first-season episode ("The Spy With My Face"). Both the television series and films were released by MGM -- are they available to be shown?

Yes Alix,

I've always read, that even the 1961 version (Sanctuary) with Lee Remick and Ives Montand, was much more explicit... Miriam Hopkins and Jack La Rue, fared much better with this rarely exhibited 1933 film.... as much as performances, cinematography, mood, etc... are concerned....This one should be on DVD....Roan Group or Kino Video...come on!!!

Bordertown, Scarface, I'm a Fugative From A Chain Gang, Black Fury, The Woman I Love, We Are Not Alone, Hi Nellie, Commandos Stike At Dawn, Counter Attack. All starring the great Paul Muni. And any other movies starring this wonderful actor.

GUILT OF JANET AMES (1947) Rosalind Russell, Melvyn Douglas; SLEEP MY LOVE (1948) Claudette Colbert, Don Ameche; GHOST CATCHERS (1944) Olsen & Johnson; LADY WANTS MINK (1953) Eve Arden, Ruth Hussey; THREE SECRETS (1950) Eleanor Parker, Patricia Neal; MISS FANE'S BABY IS STOLEN (1934) Alice Brady, Baby LeRoy; GENEVIEVE (1953) Kay Kendall, Kenneth More; CHASE A CROOKED SHADOW (1958) Richard Todd, Anne Baxter; STATE SECRET (1950) Douglas Fairbanks, Jr., Glynis Johns; LET'S KILL UNCLE (1966) Nigel Green; HOW TO MURDER A RICH UNCLE (1957) Charles Coburn, Wendy Hiller; CROOKED HEARTS (TV-1972) Rosalind Russell, Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.; MAKE MINE MINK (1960) Terry-Thomas

and also:

HAPPY EVER AFTER (Tonight's The Night) (1954) David Niven, Yvonne De Carlo; IRON PETTICOAT (1956) Bob Hope & Katharine Hepburn!; MIRANDA (1948) Glynis Johns, Googie Withers; LADY IN DISTRESS (1939) Paul Lukas, Michael Redgrave; 23 PACES TO BAKER STREET (1956) Van Johnson, Vera Miles

Also The Big Carnival with Kirk Douglas.

And Goodbye, My Lady (?) with Walter Brennan

Vickler, I was introduced to Joan Fontaine when she visited our college in 1975. I had the decency to NOT mention her appearance in "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" :)

I'd love to see the EIGHT (nine?) Academy Award Best Picture winners I've yet to see:

1928 Wings and/or Sunrise

1931 Cimarron

1933 Cavalcade

1944 Going My Way - this may already be on the schedule

1947 Gentleman's Agreement

1948 Hamlet

1949 All the King's Men

1963 Tom Jones

Don't know if they're in the TCM vault or not, but I can't seem to find them in any video stores around here either:-(

I've already mentioned this quite a few times but I wish TCM would show some of the great old Republic serials like "G-Men Vs. the Black Dragon" (1944), "Adventures of Captain Marvel" (1941)and "King of the Texas Rangers." Or, for Halloween, maybe have a Universal Horror festival, with all the Mummy, Wolf Man, Dracula, Ape Woman, Mad Doctor flicks. Or, maybe even a Judy Canova, Abbott and Costello festival.

"Dinner at Eight" from 1933. After seeing it at the theater for New York's Museum of Modern Art the other day, I was reminded of how brilliant this film is. It has always been a favorite of mine, but I hadn't seen it in awhile - so it was like seeing it all over again on Thursday. The acting, direction, sets, costumes, music - everything is perfect - Especially the cast, which features John and Lionel Barrymore, Marie Dressler, Billie Burke, Wallace Beery, Edmund Lowe, Karen Morley, Lee Tracy, Madge Evans, and a brilliant Jean Harlow, in what most would agree is her best performance. I wish TCM would showcase this film some night. They never play it, and it MUST be owned by them since it was made by M.G.M. C'mon TCM! Play this classic!

Moviejoe, the film "Dinner at Eight" is a fixture on TCM and has been played many times.

Keep your eyes peeled on the schedule and you will be surprised very soon.

Mongo

Here I go again, I would love to see Bordertown, with the Great Paul Muni, or any other of this wonderful. We Are Not Alone, Dr Socrotes. There are still many more. Why not a day to do a tribute to Mr Muni.

TCM has shown "Scarface", "I am a fugitive from a Chain Gang" and "The Good Earth"....all with Paul Muni...Ah!! and "The Story of Louis Pasteur", "The Life of Emile Zola"...and I think "Juarez", too... They're all very good movies