Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What would you like to see on TCM?

Anything that is considered "hard to find" would just rock my socks. Or just anything they can possibly find, like a "whatever" day for Classics!! Sort of like MIX98.5 does, ya know?

See y'all TCMers lata!!

"SILENTS, PLEASE" It was a half-hour compilation of famous silent movie material -- usually condensations of famous silent films - i. e. 'INTOLERANCE' - BIRTH OF A NATION - ORPHANS OF THE STORM - SON OF THE SHIEK, etc.

I forget if it was aired in the 60's or early 70's -- but whatever..I'd never seen a silent movie and fell in love with LILLIAN GISH after seeing her (and her sister) in ORPHANS OF THE STORM.

Never dreamed that many years later I'd get to met her in person when she appeared at Macy's in San Francisco - signing her wonderful book LILLIAN AND DOROTHY GISH. You should have seen the crowd waiting to see her! It was something else!

I couldn't agree more. More Astaire. I'd love to see Astaire in "The Pleasure of His Company." I remember seeing it many years ago - but never since.

Also Follies 1940. I want to see Fred dance with Eleanor Powell (Begin the Beguine)

Ezbert, all of those silents have been shown on TCM, and Astaire's films are frequently shown. He probably has a day devoted to himself during the annual Aug. showcase of a star a day.

As always, I would like to see: more pre-Codes, early musicals and esp. films not available on video.

I have had time to reflect and do want to see the oldie favorites anytime, but I also want to see the silents with Buster Keaton, Harold LLoyd, Charlie Chaplin and whoever I've missed. And I do like to see the imports and the films that are not so well known to me. I can't gain knowledge and be well rounded(pun intended) if I don't watch a variety of films that are presented. Guess I still have a lot to learn. :) Sue

Hi sue, my name is Larry, or xxmass whatever you perfer. I read your past post and wanted to know why you disliked Fred Macmury so much?? lol I have over 6 thousand films and I can't stand Greta Garbo, go figure lol. To each his, her own. Everyone loves Garbo, and I figure out why?? but then again I like Fred Macmury films. Have you seen the Apartment, or The Cain Mutiny or even the Absent Minded Proffesser?? In my opinon those were his best.I hope you see my post, and reply.see you soon, Larry Or Xxmass lol.

Hi Sue, I stand Corrected. When I Type Fast I Do Have A Habit Of Mispelling { Is That 1 or 2 Esses LOL} I'll Try and Do Better In The Near Future. Speak with You Soon I Hope Sincerly, Larry.

Another Correction, When I Typed Hi Sue What I should Have Typed Was Hi Decotoddia. Boy This Isn't My Night LoL Sue Please Disreguard The Last Post, It Was Meant For Decotoddia LOL Sincerly, Larry. P.S Decotoddia I Stopped Doing Speed Back In The 60s LOL.

Golden Earrings with Marlene Dietrich and Ray Milland

Enchantment - David Niven/Theresa Wright

I'll Never Forget You - Ann Blyth/Ty Power

The Blue Veil - Jane Wyman

Letter from an Unknown Woman - Joan Fontaine

Emperor Waltz - Bing Crosby - Joan Fontaine

Genevieve - the British antique auto race comedy

Something for Everyone - with Michael York/Angela Lansbury

Vagabond King - 1930 Paramount - in technicolor

When Tomorrow Comes - Irene Dunne and Charles Boyer

His Butler's Sister - Deanna Durbin

For the Love of Mary - Deanna Durbin

When You're in Love - Grace Moore/Cary Grant

Love Me Forever - Grace Moore

Zoo in Budapest - Loretta Young/Gene Raymond

True Heart Susie - Lillian Gish silent

Please, please, TCM - I love the movies you've shown..but a "movie transfusion" of other titles would be terrific!

Thanks!

Thanks for the info, Kimbo3200. Alas, we do not receive the Fox Movie channel in these parts.

Which is sort of frustrating when I think back over the past 35 years when you could watch just about any film available to tv -- imagine --2 stations showed primarily MGM films - one station was dedicated to Paramount - and 2 other stations showed Columbia and Fox films.

I pounced on the weekly TV GUIDE to see what was on -- and stayed up many a school night to catch some wonderful performances. Now if I'd only had a VCR in those early days!

I would like to see more LetterBox - Wide Screen movies from 1960 to 1999 and less Betty Davis - Joan Crawford movies. I'm sick of those two gals for sure. Play them in the mornings so that people who can't get enough of them can record them and watch them over and over at their hearts content. Play the better quality, image wise, newer movies at prime time.

Hi Normandie7, I watch TCM mainly, but there are times that I do watch other movies channels. A Tree Grows In Brooklyn has been on several times on Fox Movie Channel. And It's one of my all time favorites. The movie, not the channel LOL. Larry.

I would like to see D.W. Griffith's 1915 classic yet still controversial film, Birth of a Nation on TCM. I think this film is downright American history. Not really because of it's content, for it's not really historically correct but the new technics Griffith used in filming this classic in a new area called Hollywood. This was also the first film shown in the White House with President Woodrow Wilson. I know it still upsets people and it did cause a big fuss when it was released but I think every American should see this film. What is really sad is that this film was originally called The Klansman and it was longer when it was first released. Now it's been cut down due to the censors and the uproar from the N.A.A.C.P. right after it was released. It was even banned from time to time and from location to location. I guess the really bad thing that came from this film was the big membership growth in the Ku Klux Klan in the 1920s. However, I still think this film should be shown on TCM.