Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What would you like to see on TCM?

I would like to see the following films:

Viva Zapata

Bedtime Story (with Marlon Brando and David Niven)

The Fugitive Kind

Kiss of Death

Hell's Five Hours

Posse from Hell

Portrait of a Mobster

Pickup on South Street

I would also like to see a TCM movie day devoted to the following terrific actors: Richard Widmark (long, long overdue), Marlon Brando and Vic Morrow.

I?ve seen ?It? and ?The Wild Party? on TCM.

Wild Party is very interesting because it was made in 1929, but its basic story about girls dating and going to parties in college and is very similar to what happens to a lot of kids today. In fact, it is similar to what happened to boys and girls in college when I was in college. This ?party school? phenomenon must go back in history for centuries.

In the film, Bow chases after one of the professors. The scene where she is chewed out by the older elder administrators of the school is just like what happens in schools today. In many ways it is a thoroughly modern movie.

FYI, patful: "The Bribe" appears to be on the TCM schedule on Saturday June 17 @ 5 am PDT [maybe part of "Darkness before Dawn"]. I am looking forward to seeing it as well - a good cast assembled here; even though I am not a huge fan of Robert Taylor [i wish his substance was somewhere equal to his style], having Ava Gardner [her substance is a bit closer to her style] in the cast will provide sufficient compensation.

wordmaster [lover of noir and crime dramas]

Agreed, movielover.

I would also like to see some sort of recognition for Richard Widmark:

one night for westerns, one night for war films, one night for noir...

I also wouldn't mind the same sort of treatment for Edward G. Robinson...

Thanks, wordmaster. I checked before I requested the films and saw that "The Bribe" would be on. Not big on Taylor either, but anything with Laughton is worth watching.

I would like to see the following movies on TCM:

The Jazz Singer

Gigi

Singin' In the Rain

Any film made in the '20s

Gone With The Wind

Any Eva Gabor film

I would also like to see a TCM movie day devoted to Eva Gabor the best actress ever!

"I would like to see the following movies on TCM:

The Jazz Singer

Gigi

Singin' In the Rain

Any film made in the '20s

Gone With The Wind

Any Eva Gabor film"

Apparently your wish is TCM's command, 1920sfan! The Jazz Singer and Gone With the Wind were both played in the past few weeks. Singin' in the Rain is planned for June 27; and Eva Gabor in The Last Time I Saw Paris will be shown on both June 5 and July 14, 2006. Enjoy!

The documentary "Clara Bow the It Girl" made in 1999 narrated by Courtney Love (Ugh!) will be shown at 2 A.M. June 19th. There have been Clara Bow movies shown from time to time but the documentary is the only thing that will be on for the next couple of months. My suggestion to you is to keep watching promo's for "Silent Sunday's" that's your best bet for catching Clara Bow movies!

They had a Clara Bow documentary on last month's day of Hollywood docs. I don't know if it is the same one that is running later this month or not. Great day of docs that was.

I like that idea of 50's Science Fiction movies being shown but that would be to logical. I would nominate you to be a programmer at TCM! As long as you show 50's Horror Movies too and some "Charlie Chan" movies thrown into the mix!

"I like that idea of 50's Science Fiction movies being shown but that would be to logical. ..."

They're showing The Incredible Shrinking Man, Quatermass Xperiment and The Time Machine on Sunday night. No?

Please TCM show some of the films I used to see on The Late Show before we had to pay for TV.

Mr. Scout Master with Clifton Webb

Margie (1946) with Jeanne Craine

anything from the Henry Aldrich series

anything with Judy Canova

When Our Hearts Were Young and Gay

Our Hearts Were Growing Up

PLEASE!!! TCM, show these movies they are wonderful family movies.

These movies haven't been shown in many years. HELP ME!!!!!!!

TV just SUCKS now. I pay for TV and I get less than my parents got for the price of electricity. When was a kid I could get up in the middle of the night and turn the TV on to any of the stations we got then without cable and find a super movie that would keep me up way past the time I was supposed to be up. WHERE are those movies!!! PLEASE PLEASE show these movies, anytime, I don't care, just show them!!!

• 1 month later...

They have been showing way too much junk of the post 1960 era lately. There are probably less than a handful of movies each decade starting in 1960 that are worth watching at all. We agree with Peter Bogdanovich who said when he was hosting the Essentials that "There are not old movies, just great movies that you haven't seen yet." Well there's a heck of a lot of great movies pre-1960 that we haven't seen yet on TCM.

Recently it is disturbing to note that TCM's broadcasting has been polluted by such horrid movies. One wonderful annual pathetic creation "A Christmas Story? A movie that is only interesting if you've drunk pint of warm Everclear or moonshine and are on the verge of unconsciousness.

What should be done with the post-1960 movies... well Just about all of them should just have the celluloid recycled into garbage bags they would serve a much better purpose to society.

We love TCM but where we used to have it on most of the day we have opted to subscribe to Netflix to fill the voids in their programming which are becoming quite substantial month by month.

I agree that TV today - you flip thru channel after channel and wonder how they stay on - is not the best. TCM can be the beacon - here it goes: Give me the classics: James Cagney, Humphrey Bogart, The Duke, Screwball comedies, yeah even Charlie Chan mysteries, Sherlock Holmes with Basil Rathbone. Mix it up, we all love Casablanca and Yankee Doodle Dandy, but show us something else like the Roarin' 20's (Cagney/Bogart), The early "Road" pictures with Hope & Crosby, Abbott & Costello.

I remember a movie I saw on the Late Show one night called "The Next Voice You Hear" it truly scared the bejeessus out of me. Cary Grant had some pretty good "B" movies (yes, I'm going to pitch it again) "Room for One More" comes to mind. Cagney & Bette Davis - The Bride Came C.O.D. me and my brother's favorite screwball comedy (Oh, Joanie!!!). 'Nuff said, Thanks TCM