Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The devils brigade

Jillian13

• 4 weeks later...

The Devil's Brigade is a quilty pleasure, almost falling into the so bad it's good category because of the stereotypes - Polite Canadians ( all wearing kilts) who either have Scots, British or French accents ( none say 'Eh') and rude, crude Americans who break the rules. Of course they don't get along initially but then bond before going into battle. The first half is played for laughs, the second is straight action and the scaling of a cliff and the following battle is quite good.

Canadians [myself included] are polite, have been known to utter the occasional "Eh" [as often as Americans say "Huh"], have accents of all sorts but...wearing kilts? Haven't yet, but life may have surprises in store...

I am sure there is a historical perspective that someone can provide here to shed light on this.

I haven't seen the film but it sounds like it's worth a look.

Kilts aren't quite regulation attire for scaling cliffs, are they? [chuckle]

• 3 weeks later...

you can rent the DVD.....they play the devils brigade on encore action network...you can type in devils brigade on tcm's search engine, searching the site, not the web and it will say wether or not it is playing or has played.....cheers...

Archived